UALS 68, 72 Driver (2 positions)
The Driver reports to the Transport Officer. As part of the Transport Section, s/he will contribute to the efficient and effective running of the transport tasks and the Mission Support Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Driver will be required, in accordance with the EUAM Mandate, Code of Conduct and the General Service Conditions for locally recruited Staff members, to perform the following tasks:
- General driving duties, involving light vehicles (4WD and mini vans);
- To be responsible for the routine upholding of the EUAM owned or rented vehicle fleet by checking assigned vehicles on a regular basis;
- Carry out the daily first line vehicle servicing and maintenance;
- Complete the necessary EUAM transportation documentation;
- Strictly comply with drivers / mechanics instructions as issued periodically by the Transport Officer;
- Assist in the distribution of vehicle equipment and supplies throughout the Mission area by complying with the instructions of the Transport Officer;
- When requested to be ready and perform duties in smart attire (black suit, white shirt and tie);
- Deal with information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Perform any other task as requested by his/her Line Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Eligibility criteria’s:
- Be in possession of Ukrainian citizenship and/or of a (still) valid residence and work permits according to Ukrainian laws;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- Successful completion of Secondary studies attested by a diploma/certificate;
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Ukrainian language and working knowledge of the English language;
- Possession of driving license categories B, C and D (including clean driving history);
- Five (5) years of full time professional driving experience in the private and/or public sector;
- Be in possession of driving license categories B, C and D, including clean driving history.
- Essential criteria:
- Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post;
- Good communication skills of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Outstanding knowledge of Kyiv area and good geographical knowledge of Ukraine.
- Solid mechanical skills on vehicles;
- Flexibility in the execution of tasks and ability to work independently.
- Additional advantageous assets:
- Professional experience in an EU and/or International environment;
- Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity;
- First Level University degree in Engineering.
- Personality assets:
- Have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- Ability to build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members,
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people, including outside contacts;
- Positive attitude towards work.