The post holder will report to the Regional Presence Coordinator (Lviv). As part of the Operations Department, s/he will contribute to the efficient and effective completion of relevant tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Interpreter/Translator will be required, in accordance with the EUAM Mandate, Code of Conduct and the General Service Conditions for locally recruited Staff members, to perform the following tasks:
- Draft, review and translate documents;
- Perform verbal and written interpretation/translation from Ukrainian, Russian or English and vice versa during meetings, events and also during possible duty trips;
- Provide language assistance to Operations Department/Lviv Regional Presence staff and participate in negotiations with the Ukrainian authorities;
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as legal material;
- Arrange meetings with Ukrainian counterparts;
- Translate notes / minutes from meetings when needed;
- Work at short notice and irregular working schedule;
- Deal with information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Perform any other task as requested by his/her Line Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Enjoy full civil rights;
- Be in possession of Ukrainian citizenship and/or of a (still) valid residence and work permits according to Ukrainian laws;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service (for military service);
- Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree in Interpretation / Translation, English Language and Literature or a closely related field of study, where the normal duration of university education in the country awarded is three (3) years or more;
- After having obtained the university degree, at least five (5) years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience in the private and/or public sector;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post;
- Excellent communication skills of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Very good knowledge and experience of Office Suite Package;
- Experience in positions requiring analytical and organizational skills, with a service- and project-oriented approach;
- Ability to write and communicate in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to deliver high quality of work in a timely manner even under pressure;
- Ability to perform on-call and irregular working schedule if required.
Additional advantageous assets:
- Professional experience in an EU and/or International environment;
- Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity.
- Have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- Ability to build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members;
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people, including outside contacts.