We are looking to hire the senior level executive for the position of Head of Internal Audit.
To manage the Internal Audit function for the company and its subsidiaries. To ensure that the Internal Audit Function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of the company's internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable law and regulation.
The key responsibilities for the Head of Audit will include:
- Reporting directly to the Finance Director you will oversee day-to-day management of a sizeable audit team including managing the audit programme in line with company's deadlines and targets.
- Implement a robust monitoring process to enhance reporting performance.
- Ensure a clear long term compliance strategy.
- Play a crucial role in terms of advice on key process controls and minimising risks.
- Develop strong relationships with regulators.
- Ad hoc projects which may include high level internal investigations, keeping abreast of new regulatory developments, improvement of the risk management process, etc.
- Seat at the audit committe.
- Conduct risk assessments and install controls to mitigate perceived risks.
- Perform interim audits to ensure that controls are working.
- Enhance internal audit standards within the group of companies.
- Prepare reports for the company's management and Board of Directors.
- Liaise with the external auditors and provide support during the year-end audit.
- Report on the work of the members of the internal audit team.
- Act as an advisory body to the company's management and the Board.
- University Degree in Finance/Economics;
- At least ten years' senior audit management experience in a leadership function within well known organisations.
- Proven successful experience in the management of audit departments and staff.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent and Qualified Chartered Accountant (mandatory).
- Adopt and adhere to the standards set out by Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Authoritative and a vibrant personality to liaise with company's management, Board of Directors and external auditors as an advisor.
- Ability to work to time constraints and manage projects effectively.
- Attention to detail and meticulous in your approach.
- Highly developed investigative skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Fluency in English is obligatory.
We will offer a highly competitive remuneration package, excellent career opportunities, interesting and challenging work in the multinational environment.