GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Commercial Operations/Application Engineering Intern, GE Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Solutions will be responsible for the proposal development/contract management in the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process within his/her scope and will be responsible for pulling all necessary resources and information in order to submit a successful technical and commercial proposal.
- Coordinate all aspects of the inquiry-to-order phase of proposal/bid management, including technical/commercial proposal development, risk management and mitigation, contract negotiations, specification compliance, scope development, pricing/financial summary, and issue resolution for proposals to which he/she is allocated
- Ensure terms and conditions and customer specifications are properly reviewed, mitigated and associated risk check lists are completed and approved for all proposals
- Owner of Financial Summaries for each opportunity – price/cost summary, contribution margins, cash-flow and tax compliance
- Project manager of the ITO process
- Presents deals for approval and drives process
- Rigor and compliance of our commercial process
- Brings key stakeholders into ITO phase
- Key ITO linkage to finance, engineering, product leadership
- Supports sales in front of customer
- Drives Terms and Conditions compliance and approval requirements
- Ensures clean hand off to OTR
Qualifications / Requirements
- Current enrollment in a bachelor's or master's degree program in Engineering discipline
- Fluent in written & spoken English and Russian
- Technical competency in rotating machinery
- Ability to interface and communicate with customers (both internal and external) to introduce and negotiate opportunity to closure
- Solid organization and multi-task capability in a dynamic environment
- Ability to structure creative deals to support customers, negotiate contracts, and deal effectively with diverse customers