Description of Services
Under the direct supervision of Chief of Party, the Field Operations and Compliance Manager is a key position responsible for the day-to-day operations of the USAID-funded CAR Energy Links Project. S/he will directly support and work closely with the Chief of Party and the operations and project management team to ensure the smooth operations, financial management, procurement and compliance of the project with USAID rules and regulations.
The Field Operations and Compliance Manager will be a key members of the project operations team with central oversight function for all field operations involving project activities in Almaty, Bishkek and Dushanbe.
- Assist COP with project (or activity) budget preparation, analysis, monitoring, and reporting;
- Prepare activity-level budgets as assigned by the COP;
- Maintain trackers for budget monitoring, and activity level of effort (LOE) utilization;
- Review and ensure timely processing of invoices, subcontractors’ costs, expense reports, deliverables, etc., to monitor compliance with contract and ECODIT’s policies. Issue status reports as needed and communicate this information with COP and Home Office (HO) in a timely manner;
- Work with consultants as needed to review and revise expense reports and other administrative and operational items before sending to HO. Ensures overall document quality and integrity; and
- Prepare project expenses for approval and works with project operations team members to ensure entries into the accounting system are processed and appropriately categorized.
Procurement and Contract Compliance
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation for project staff to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and practices, as well as all relevant USAID and other government rules and regulations;
- Under the guidance of the COP and Home Office Contracts team, negotiate Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Service Agreements, Consultant Agreements, Contract modifications and other contractual instruments;
- In collaboration with the COP, participate in the process for programmatic procurement. Monitor commercial vendor agreements, from initiation to execution, as assigned;
- Support compliance with the appropriate regulations in providing logistical support for project staff and activities, and ensure that all such activities are done in accordance with company policy and USAID regulations;
- Prepare the required approvals to ensure compliance with internal and external contract and policy requirements;
- Manage procurement of project supplies, services, and other items in accordance with USAID rules and regulations; ensure that project assets are properly labeled, inventoried, maintained and disposed of as necessary;
- Periodically review ECODIT Energy Links Procurement Manual and advise on needed modifications; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Recruitment and Field Personnel Operations
- Support the recruitment of short and long term staff, including posting advertisements, scheduling and following up on interviews;
- Oversee onboarding of new staff, including drafting or reviewing Consultant Agreements as specified by the Energy Links Procurement Manual;
- Field staff and consultants for international travel as needed and supports their logistical arrangements;
- Serve as primary contact and ultimate information authority for consultants on administrative and procedural items. Ensures inquiries and needs are promptly addressed to sustain positive relationship; and
- Create a productive and motivating work environment for staff by establishing and maintaining partnerships across programs and portfolios.
Description of Qualifications to Provide Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in a relevant field;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience (USAID project management, finance, contracts, and operations);
- Understanding and proficiency in financial and project management systems and procedures;
- Proficiency in USAID regulations, FAR and ADS and procurement procedures and contract compliance.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Suite programs. Quickbooks skills will be an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to propose possible resolutions to complex operational problems, and overall improvement of administrative processes;
- Demonstrated proactive behavior, attention to detail, adhering to strictly established deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Strong time management skills are essential;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational, and decision-making skills;
- Strong discretionary judgment and constructive resolution of complex situations and issues;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client service provision;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill;
- Candidate should be a Kazakh national with experience working in Kazakhstan; and
- Proficient in English and Russian.
Полная занятость, полный день