We are seeking for a Project Manager of Retail Store Design and Construction. The qualified candidate will manage projects with aggressive roll-out of its specialty store concept.
• Provide oversight for all phases of new store construction and existing store remodel projects
• Develop cost estimates to establish initial budgets for each project.
• Review lease Construction Exhibits (tenant work, landlord work, tenant allowance and design criteria
• Design and build detailed schedules; establishing key dates and milestones for each project.
• Manage multiple ongoing projects to meet project timelines and budgets.
• Manage schematic design and construction document phases of individual projects.
• Reconcile construction documents with tenant criteria and lease exhibits.
• Coordinate the submittal of drawings to landlord, consultants.
• Review and qualify subcontractors’ bids for each project. Recommend Subcontractor to Director of Store Design and Construction for final decision and award.
• Coordinate their schedules with the subcontractor to assure achievement of quality and schedule.
• Monitor construction, and process detailed reports and photos as required for each active project.
• (Each project will require a minimum of three site visits)
• Evaluate all change orders (CO) and applications for payment.
• Resolve site conditions, landlord and government authority issues as they arise.
• Review completed project and create Project Punch-List at time of “substantial completion”.
• Ensure Subcontractor provides all Project Close-Out documents within 30 days of store opening.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum 3-6 years of related experience in retail development and construction.
• Higher technical education is a must.
• Experience with retail store operations and strategies to mitigate impact of construction on store teams.
• Proven ability to effectively plan, organize and manage time.
• Experience in negotiating and interacting with various teams; from laborers to senior level management.
• Must be proficient with the Microsoft office suite
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Ability to interpreter construction documents and shop drawings.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills (another language knowledge is an advantage). Must be able to define industry related terminology and relay information in layman terms.
• Experience and knowledge of construction costs, bid/award processes, and subcontractor labor dynamics.
• Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Business or relative combined experience is a plus/Belarus Qualification Certificate in the sphere of construcation
• TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 25%-50% of the time
Compensation will be discussed with a successful candidate
• Flexible hours,
• Employment in comply with Labour Law
• Corporate phone, laptop
• Business trips