- The NDS is a registered society of car manufacturers, system suppliers and map suppliers. The objective of the initiative is to standardize a physical storage format for car navigation systems.
- One of the drawbacks of today's navigation systems is that each system needs its own physical format for navigational data. A direct exchange of map data between different navigation systems is not possible. A standardized binary format, which also provides new features, offers many new opportunities.
- The key objective is compatibility and interoperability allowing the exchange of navigational data between systems that comply with Navigation Data Standard. NDS supports standard navigation building blocks like e.g. map display, routing, POIs and location selection as well as advanced navigation content. Plus, NDS provides a common database format and harmonized update concepts for different systems. This ensures flexibility regarding content update, including incremental and partial updates. Moreover, database content can be enriched without changing basic structures.
- Participating in all stages of NDS software development including analyzing, designing, programming, debugging, and modifying software enhancements and/or new products for internal or customer applications,
- Using current programming language and technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications,
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering,
- Excellent analytical, algorithmic and optimization skills,
- Proficient in pure advanced SQL and pure core Java (without frameworks),
- OOAD, architecture and design patterns,
- Experience with design and development of high throughput distributed data processing systems,
- Extensive experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQLite),
- C++ experience is nice to have,
- Python experience is nice to have,
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and engineering practices,
- Upper-intermediate level of English, well-developed communication skills.
Полная занятость, полный день