We are looking for an experienced marketing leader to join the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) to lead marketing for the commercial business segments (Enterprise, Mid-Market and Public Sector).
The CMO is a newly merged field marketing team with a wider marketing remit, which includes both Commercial and Consumer accountability and marketing excellence. The CMO leader is responsible for bringing the modern marketing vision to life in each Area/Sub, providing the Commercial leadership and accountability we need to deliver connected sales and marketing as a reality for each and every team. The CMO creates a strong center of gravity that bridges the work we do with segments and the focus we have on landing Global Demand Centers. The CMO also plans and executes consumer marketing campaigns and programs, embracing our modern marketing principles.
The Audience Marketing Manager’s (AMM) main responsibility is to define local strategy, provide insights, orchestrate planning and drives execution in support of marketing’s contribution to pipeline goals, and owns the sales leadership connection and aligns marketing plans to sales outcomes. The AMM defines the local all-up Segment-aligned Connected Sales and Marketing plans including commercial marketing strategy, planning and execution across key audiences (Industry/Line-of-Business, Business Decision Maker, Senior IT Decision Maker) in partnership with appropriate field marketing stakeholders within the Subsidiary or Area; is responsible for driving marketing pipeline generation and managing marketing leads through the pipeline in partnership with commercial segment leadership; works with Commercial Marcom GTM and Center of Marketing Excellence to execute marketing campaigns (digital and traditional) for Industry and cross-product solutions; provides customer audience insights and closed-loop feedback to Corp; lands industry digital transformation playbooks and sales enablement; and collaborates/contributes on globally designed/locally delivered modern marketing solutions to support the commercial business segments. The AMM optimizes marketing plans by deeply engaging in EPG/SMS&P/PS rhythm of the business, and partnering with sales teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business partner for segment leaders (Enterprise, Corporate Account, and Public Sector) responsible for orchestrating across the marketing disciplines to develop the subsidiary to-customer and partner-led marketing plans in support of the commercial segment’s marketing pipeline goals. Conduct or participate in the segment leadership ROBs against this plan and marketing pipeline attainment.
- Leads the lead management process for both global and local qualified marketing generated leads, moving them through the pipeline process in a timely manner. (20% of time)
- Lead marketing planning and work with Commercial Marcom GTM and Center of Excellence to execute Digital Transformation, Industry and cross-product solution campaigns. Responsible for defining, planning and working with Commercial Marcom GTM and Center of Excellence to execute the integrated marketing motions (digital and traditional) for the Digital Transformation “Empowered by Digital”, Industry, and ITDM cross-product solution campaigns. Executes local Customer Immersion Experience (CIE), Executive Briefings and account level or event driven Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) engagements. Partner with the Business Planning & Operations and Central Marketing Organization peers to guide subsidiary in determining the optimal industry prioritization and marketing investment. (50% of time)
- Provides insights to account teams on account-based marketing penetration and net new contacts. Work with segment leadership to ensure key customers attend global Tier 1 Events including Envision, Ignite and prioritized third party industry events leveraging the Center of Excellence. Executes local CIE, EBC and MTC based engagement and events. Develop and execute account-based marketing plans for managed segments to maximize marketing impact on pipeline and revenue. (10% of time)
- Is the Social Selling champion for commercial selling segments – making sure the segment is engaged and leveraging the Social Selling tools and programs. (10% of time)
- Responsible for applying modern marketing practices in the managed segment to increase impact, extending / leveraging the Global Engagement Programs and enterprise marketing website in the field. (10% of time)
- For MSA: Lead the EML community in the MSA
- Keep a solid connection and build strong EML field community in collaboration and exchanging practices with SMSP and EPG
- Centralized One MSA marketing plan to drive accountability, marketing discipline and measure impact.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 8-10 years of related marketing experience
- Deep knowledge and insight in the Enterprise Market (IT and Business Decision Makers)
- Proven leadership and people management skills (Impact & Influence, Developing People, Confidence and Interpersonal Awareness)
- Track record of strategic organizational impact and influence and v-team accomplishments (Cross boundary collaboration)
- Outstanding drive for results and delivering against accountabilities (measured results & outcomes, enabling change)
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills and demonstrated cross-group collaboration abilities (setting goals & Expectations)