Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties related to the implementation of IOM project, in particular:
- Assisting in timely implementation of project activities and keeping the Programme Officer informed on the status of implementation of each task;
- Organizing the filing system of the project (project documents, correspondence, reports, etc.);
- Organizing logistics of project events (training, seminars, conferences, meetings, presentations, and others), including travel and hotel arrangements, and trip itineraries when necessary;
- Assist with informal translations of documents related to the programme;
- Assisting in maintaining the communication with project partners (governmental, non-governmental entities) on various project matters;
- Consolidating and analysing the information and data received from different counterparts and facilitating the exchange of information;
- Assisting in monitoring of activities implemented by the project partners (NGOs, consultants) including raising issues affecting efficient implementation; collecting monthly reports and consolidating data for project reports;
- Communicating with the project partners (NGOs) on matters of direct assistance to vulnerable migrants in line with IOM guidance notes;
- Preparing reports on provision of direct assistance to vulnerable migrants (statistics, case studies, infographics, etc.);
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree (preferably in Law, Public Administration, Politics, Social Sciences, Business Administration, and/or International Relations);
- Experience with government, diplomatic or with international and CSO;
- Familiarity with IOM and its project development principles is an asset;
- Ability to formulate clearly and concisely;
- High level of computer literacy is mandatory.
- Thorough knowledge of English, Kazakh, Russian
- Client Orientation
- Continuous Learning
- Performance Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Technological Awareness
- Readiness to travel
How to apply:
Closing date: 10th of December 2016 by COB.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to interview.