- To increase the number of customers staying at the hotel by establishing an excellent relationship with a selected number of agencies (clients/prospects) defined as per the sales solicitation program.
- To achieve maximum quantity possible of direct sales calls a week including visits to the accounts, site inspections and entertainment in the hotel.
- To promptly handle, follow-up and secure any lead received by the Banquet or Reservations departments.
- To update the hotel data-base further to the sales calls with any relevant information (new name/new contact/special request/the follow-up needed / next contact scheduled etc.).
- To develop specific account strategies in conjunction with Food & Beverage and Rooms teams when required by the situation.
- To present a weekly sales activity report during the weekly sales meetings highlighting new accounts, new requests, new leads etc.
- To attend any function in the hotel or in the city where the presence of Sales Manager is required.
- To constantly feed the team with new information, ideas and creative thoughts.
- To respond timely to any changes in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company, or hotel.
- To ensure that a high level of client service is maintained, in all aspects of booking arrangements including:
- Issuing of contracts for definite bookings and follow up deposits;
- Communicating client requirements clearly and effectively via Event Orders.
- Maintaining comprehensive, accurate and systematic file notes within the hotel client database.
- Organizing goods and services from establishments outside of the hotel utilizing the correct hotel procedures.
- Prompt and effective post event follow up.
- To achieve established monthly targets and goals as set in the Hotel Business Plan or your personal Development Plan.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of competitor products and activities (Including their Key Client Base).
- Ensuring final guaranteed numbers are communicated in a timely fashion.
- To keep and to safeguard all contracts and financial documents.
- Ideally, you’ll have worked at least 2 years in a hotel environment and be someone who has a reputation for delivering great service.
In return you will get opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You’ll start a new role working in a team passionate about delivering memorable experiences that make our guests feel special, making Royal Village Hotel a great place to work.