ClearScale is a leading cloud systems integration firm providing a wide range of cloud services including architecture design, development, integration, migration, automation, and managed services. We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized business, and startups succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly and there is high demand for the services we provide. Clients come to us for our deep experience with key cloud infrastructure, automation, and management providers like AWS, Chef, Docker, and RightScale.
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact, enjoy competitive compensation, work on a wide variety of projects for clients across multiple industries, and work alongside some of the best minds in cloud.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We’re looking for a passionate and efficiency-driven Cloud support engineer who can innovate, sustain, and build scalable projects.
The Cloud support engineer is a client-facing role. The Cloud support engineer responsibilities are to execute technical projects using the most cutting edge Cloud Technologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate has a Technical Background and Experience that includes:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- At least 2 years of technical support services and customer management experience.
- Extensive experience working with web application services and technology.
- Substantial working knowledge of one or more of the following Cloud platforms: Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine (GCE), Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Cloud, OpenStack.
- Basic knowledge in project deployment and management activities.
Good technical knowledge in the following:
- 3-tier systems design architecture
- Linux systems administration for common distributions: CentOS, Ubuntu, SuSE, RHEL
- Open Source software installation, configuration and community support
- Basic Microsoft Windows Server troubleshooting skills and Web application support (apache)
- Basic database architecture, configuration and management (SQL Server and MySQL)
- Basic backup and recovery, redundant and high availability design architecture
- Scripting capacity in Bash, Ruby, Python or Perl
- Monitoring and networking knowledge of client/server technology
All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
- Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Written and spoken English (excellent written and good spoken)
- Willingness to work non-standard hours
- Understanding of infrastructure and cloud technologies
- Good detail-oriented and problem solving skills- to quickly identify issues and know when to escalate them to higher authority
- Ability to adapt to a constrained schedule and perform under pressure
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work from home office