Sector Lead (Project Manager) (of one of four sectors) is responsible for organizing and supporting the process of development of the sectoral policy on decentralization in the relevant sector.
The consultant will be part of the team at the Project Office for Sectoral Decentralization (POSD) - independent non-governmental structure, established by the Ministry of Regional Development with support of Expert Deployment for Governance and Economic Growth (EDGE) Project, that is being implemented by Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd.
POSD activities will be focused on organization and support of decentralization sectoral policies development in certain ministries and agencies.
POSD activities will cover the following sectors:
- Administrative Services Centers
- Social Care
- Environment and Natural Resources
Duties of the Sector Lead (Project Manager) will include:
- Define together with central executive bodies the scope of sectoral reform on the principles of subsidiarity and decentralization;
- Develop action plans and performance indicators to assess achievement of the relevant sectoral reform objectives that are harmonized with other sectors directly in the line ministries;
- Coordinate and assist in development of the necessary legislation to implement sectoral reform in relevant areas;
- Assist key stakeholders in sectoral decentralization implementation in the relevant area;
- Monitor timeliness and completeness of sectoral decentralization objectives in the relevant area.
Expected level of qualifications and experience:
- Proven management experience in government, business or non-government projects, at least 5 years;
- Advanced project management skills;
- Good understanding the reforms agenda and the state of decentralization implementation, including sectoral decentralization;
- Knowledge of territorial organization of authority system in Ukraine;
- Knowledge of the sector, it status, peculiarities of its functioning and development.
Duration, timing, and location:
- The total duration of the consultancy is expected to be 6 months, with possible extension for another 6 months. The expert will report to the Steering Committee comprising of representatives of Minregion, EDGE and other. The workplace will be in the premises of the Minregion.
- The candidate must be registered as a private entrepreneur (or will be registered before signing the employment agreement). Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically indicating in the subject line the sector title (i.e. social care, healthcare, etc.) according to existing sectoral experience not later than December 22, 2016.
All submissions must include:
- A cover letter (in English and Ukrainian, max. 2 pages) that outlines applicant’s expertise and experience and explains how the candidate meets the criteria listed above;
- Applicant’s CV (in English and Ukrainian);
- Three names of referees;
- Proof of previous experience – only for shortlisted candidates.
Date of vacancy announcement: 24 NOV 2016
Due date for submission of applications: 22 DEC 2016 at 17.00