Internship Programme in the Teaching Centre
We are looking for Interns (students) to fill in Internship Programme in the British Council (Ukraine) aiming to offer to successful candidates an opportunity to improve their skills and enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments while gaining experience of working in an international environment.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Finding teachers to cover classes due to the regular teachers absence
- Providing a regular supply of myClass lesson instances by performing electronic data entry into the online lesson booking system
- Assisting the Senior Teacher Operations with monitoring and adjusting the timetable for myClass by collating customer behaviour reports and classfill data
- Working in close cooperation with the Senior Teacher Operations to check the lesson booking system for errors and correct them
- Making suggestions to the Senior Teacher Operations regarding ways to optimise the timetabling system and add new features
- Monitoring andcontrolling myClub attendance and communication
- Combining teacher-created myClass flipcharts according to accepted standards
- Ensuring prompt communication for submitting and marking assignments as part of myClass writing lessons
- Assisting the Teaching Centre with other administrative tasks connected to the day-to-day general operations
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Computing skills (MS Office, Excel - desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Desire to work & develop
- Fluency in English (spoken & written B2+)
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4 December 2016.
Human Resources Department and the related managers will hold a selection process to assess received British Council application forms. Please do not send your CVs.
We will contact successful candidates after the short-listing process.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters - everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989