- Develops and executes a long term marketing strategy and budget, including by category and segment that are then translated into a marketing plan in line with the overall strategy.
- Realizes the business- and marketing goals for the region by segment and category
- Professionalizes the marketing organization in the region in terms of skills, structure, systems, strategy and culture, especially for trade marketing and new product development.
- Deploys the overall strategy for the different brands in the area.
Job summary (key responsibilities):
- Develops the marketing strategy and budget for the assigned area in line with the global marketing strategy driven by VP Marketing and in tight cooperation with the Commercial Director and the Head of the region.
- Coordinates planning and budget process for the area, including new product development. Aligns different stakeholders and ensures efficient and effective execution of the local marketing plans in the region and in order to achieve area business and marketing objectives and goals.
- Develops and manages a team of product, trade marketing and communication managers. Identifies growth opportunities in the area and develops a focused business development strategy and plan for this purpose.
- Applies strong marketing competence in terms of consumers (insights, U&A, concept development), channels (route to market, distribution, trade marketing), customers (CRM, pricing), competitors, positioning, branding, advertising and promotions to drive ambitious business targets.
- Develops a regional growth plan (short and long term) for business development, channel- and distribution management, pricing, product (in line with global product strategy), trade marketing and advertising/promotion management (in line with brand positioning & global communication strategy)
- Ensures implementation of the above mentioned plans in order to achieve budget targets and consequently monitor and report the progress on a regular basis.
- Implements efficient portfolio management including existing SKU’s a working capital.
- Professionalizes the regional marketing organization by co-developing and implementing marketing and trade marketing skills, systems and structures.
- Contribute to the company marketing strategy-, budget process by sharing area market knowledge, data and insights and participates in cross-company/-area projects.
- Drives and manages the new product development agenda and budget (mould budget) for the assigned area in conjunction with the product development manager of the local plant and the product marketing team in the headquarters.
- Manages the A&P budget for the assigned area.
- Develops platforms for sharing best practices in the area and with global marketing team.
- University Degree in business/economic with a focus on international marketing
- Minimum 10 years of marketing & product development experience in an international consumer goods business, ideally in the FMCG business
- Hands on experience in product marketing, product portfolio management, pricing, and promotional activities as well as tailoring and positioning products to meet local, regional or country needs.
- At least 4-5 years experience of living and working in the regions covered.
- Strategic management and implementation skills
- People management experience and used to managing change.
- Solid analytical experience, but at the same time creative and a lateral thinker
- Excellent and interpersonal communication skills.
- Keen visual sense.
- Product-oriented and with excellent product sensibility.
- Familiar with international matrix organizational, the ideal candidate has demonstrated skills in collaborating with global internal and external partners.
- Results Oriented
- Down to earth and pragmatic
- Adaptable and positive
- Flair with a keen visual sense for product and an empathy with the consumer
- High work ethic and tenacious
- Comfortable with crossing cultural borders and enjoys working internationally arena
- Seeks challenge and responsibility
- Is at ease nurturing relationships internally and externally as well as mentoring and guiding a team
Compensation package is negotiated with a successful candidate.