Skoltech Center for Data-Intensive Biomedicine and Biotechnology (DIBB), Moscow, Russia has an open full time Technician position in the research group of Professor Philipp Khaitovich, in the area of Mass-spectrometry based Metabolomics and Lipidomics.
The appointment is for a period of up to 3 years with possibility for further prolongation.
Research Areas and research duties
We are seeking a Technician with expertise in mass spectrometry. To succeed, you will need to be exact and precise in your work. This is a hands-on bench position focused on sample preparation and mass spectrometry data acquisition in both the metabolomics and lipidomics fields. You will participate in both the generation of large-scale data sets and smaller research projects.
- Preparation of metabolomics and lipidomics samples from tissues, body fluids, and plants;
- Development and optimization of methods for sample preparation;
- Performing standard maintenance of UPLCs, mass spectrometers and other bioanalytical instrumentation.
- Successful candidates will have
- BSc/MSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related Biological Science
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in mass spectrometry
- Other desirable qualifications
- Prior experience working with HPLC, UPLC, and or LC/MS
- Expertise in LC/MS based metabolomics and lipidomics
- Prior work analyzing complex biological samples
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
The deadline for submitting the application is December 20.
- The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate with the important responsibilities of this role in delivering Skoltech project plan.