Job Purpose Summary: The Administrative Coordinator for Faculty Research of the Deans Office is responsible for coordinating and supporting administrative services for faculty research in support of the College Research Directors. The Administrative Coordinator for Faculty Research also provides administrative support involving faculty research to the College Deans
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree with 2 (two) years of relevant experience working with executive office team, understanding of administrative work in higher education institution, experience taking minutes and notes for committees and meetings with complex discussions, proficiency in proofreading, grammar skills and attention to detail in verbal and written English, Russian and Kazakh; good problem solving, judgment, intuition, and reasoning abilities; maintains confidential work; demonstrated experience in coordinating events at all phases from planning to post-event follow-up and reporting; works cooperatively with others in a sometimes busy environment; advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access; tact: poise, good interpersonal skills, good problem solving skills
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to information requests about faculty research from government agencies, university, research institutes utilizing broad knowledge base and/or refers inquiries to appropriate sources.
- Attends research director meetings, records, prepares and distributes minutes, contacts participants and follows up on items as needed.
- Gathers confidential information and material about faculty research including faculty CVs on a regular basis
- Uploads and updates information to Faculty Profiles webpages for use by Senior Management and HR Department.
- Types, formats, copies, distributes, files and retrieves faculty research reports and documents of a routine or confidential nature. This includes a wide range of documents varying in complexity using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and university proprietary software.
Coordinate Faculty Research Conferences/Events
- Organizes and schedules faculty research conferences/events including: invitations, RSVPs, room reservations, catering arrangements, purchase requisitions as needed, contacting individuals, preparation of meeting materials and parking for guests as required, audio visual, collaboration with other staff/departments/external contacts, preparation of materials for event, accommodation arrangements, verifying conference contracts and follow-up work as needed.
Coordinate Grants projects/funding
- Identify funding opportunities and introduce them to college faculty
- Contact funding agencies on behalf of the college for further information
- Assist faculty members in preparing and developing applications for research funding
- Serve as the main administrative staff for faculty researchers during the application and post-award management of research funding.
- Initiate preparation and submission of invoices to sponsoring agency according to payment guidelines.
- Initiate payments to partner organizations according to transfer of funds subcontract agreement and based on funding balance.
- Coordinate audits and visits requested by sponsoring agency
- Communicate University research funds procedures to faculty researchers in order to follow all applicable regulations and policies
- Review sponsorship grants/projects balances and expiration dates for planning and budgeting.
- Review sponsorship grants’ and projects’ expenses in order to confirm valid expenses.
- Work with accounting staff to reconcile any research fund over-expenses.
- Remind faculty investigators of reporting deadlines to university and sponsoring agency
- Reconcile ineligible expenses charged to research fund.
- Share results of funding applications with applicants, departments, and college administration.
- Reviews, actions and distributes incoming mail and correspondence for the research directors of all colleges.
- Distributes outgoing mail, courier and other correspondence.
- Maintains the administrative filing system
- Other duties as appropriate to this position as directed by the VPAA in consultation with college deans.
- Attend training workshops and other professional development meetings to learn new management and financial software tools to be used by Central Administration.
- Provide training to faculty researchers and other administrative staff as considered necessary to promote cross-staff learning how to use the management and financial software tools used by Central Administration
Deadline for application submission: December 11, 2016
Expected salary is 200 000 KZT gross