Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Situated on the river banks of Essil, in the heart of Astana's Central Park and in the center of the Diplomatic district, The St. Regis Astana will open early 2017.
120 sumptuous guest suites feature a unique identity of discreet luxury. The hotel will embrace a specialty grill restaurant where guests enjoy an unrivaled service and sample the best ingredients or indulge in the flawless luxury of Iridium Spa after a long day of captivating city impressions or business meetings.
Reports to Director of Finance.
- Maintains accounts payable voucher register, cash disbursement journal and supporting schedule. Keeps complete and accurate accounts payable records.
- Responsible for payments to suppliers for all goods and services required by the hotel, and for all reconciliation’s of issued purchase orders, advance to suppliers and owner’s current account etc.
- To effect collections so that accounts outstanding are at a minimum and cash flow at the maximum.
- Operate within St Regis and local policies guidelines.
- Maintain a good business relation with guests
- Work closely with the Front Desk, Reservations & Events and all Departments Heads
- Matches invoices received with received notes and/or purchase orders.
- Allocates costs according to the St Regis chart of accounts.
- Checks that the detail on the invoices corresponds with that on the delivery notes and/or purchase orders.
- Checks that the department head concerned sign all invoices for services or good received direct.
- Promptly resolves all disputes with purchasing and suppliers.
- Posts all vouchers to the voucher register on a current basis.
- Prepares checks and enters them in the disbursement journal according to the payment schedule agreed between controller, purchasing and the suppliers.
- At month end, balances voucher register and disbursement journal.
- Prepares trial balance of unpaid vouchers which balances with general ledger control card.
- Balances inventory accounts with F&B control and general stores.
- Reviews and reconciles open purchase order file with purchasing on a monthly basis for a status report on undelivered items.
- Reconcile on monthly basis all related accounts.
Specific job knowledge, skills and abilities
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and Russian
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One to two years of accounting experience.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.