The E-Commerce Manager will play a key role in defining GROHE’s Consumer online shopping experience. Reporting to the Head of E-commerce, the person in this role will drive decisions that increase online conversion through online analytics, improving product discovery, site navigation, cross-sells and other cross merchandising opportunities. This person will focus on continuous optimization and innovation, using all available analytics as well as merchant intuition.
The person in this position will work closely with the Category Merchandising, Category Management, Design, Marketing, Customer Experience and IT teams to optimize and increase the online sales.
- Manage the hierarchy of the online assortment, including taxonomy, tabs, modules, filters, etc.
- Accountable for search SEO strategies and implementation
- Document, gain approval and execute new merchandising policies for better user experience and improved conversion (guarantee, price matching, etc.)
- Plan and implement product guides and selection tools
- Map targeting strategies and business rules for content segmentation
- Proactively recommend enhancements to sites of our partners to automate management of merchandising efforts
- Review and analyze online competitor site merchandising, promotional execution and tactics, user experience, product representation and taxonomy. Report findings and provide appropriate counter-strategies when appropriate.
- Research feedback from all available resources: customer service, customer feedback reporting, product ratings and reviews, social media, store partners and utilize the information to optimize the site and improve site metrics
- Manage site to ensure product categorization and taxonomy maximizes sales and is effectively presented to the customer across all categories
- Define and maintain site navigation — creating and removing categories as needed based on merchandising and marketing strategies, merchant reporting and web analytics
- Monitor new merchandising site features to determine if performance is effective and report to appropriate groups
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Merchandising, Marketing or equivalent work experience
- 2−3 years of Online Merchandising/eCommerce experience
- SEO, SEA, SEM, SMO, SMM
- 2+ years of experience utilizing online analytics to optimize sales and customer experience
- Strong analytical skills — must be able to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries and deliver business insights
- A strong understanding of merchandising hierarchy
- High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital and media trends
- Excellent problem solving skills — able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues