StudyLab School looks for an Academic Director, who will be responsible for all aspects of academic development of the School. This career is ideal for professionals who have vast teaching experience and have worked with teachers from the UK and USA before. Quality of education has always been the cornerstone of StudyLab School, therefore the Academic Director is expected to maintain and boost academic standards as well as identify the needs of students, teachers, staff and offer effective solutions to them.
The main duties of the Academic Director are:
- Develop a team of teachers:
- ensure that the School is well-staffed with professional and dedicated teachers
- provide academic support to teachers: training sessions, library development, observations and feedback, etc.
- interview new teachers, observe mock lessons, arrange their full integration
- ensure high level of academic standards: first and last lesson, homework, syllabus, interim tests, absences, skype lessons, etc.
- ensure that each student achieves academic goal and is happy with lessons
- carry out academic statistics and take corresponding actions
- resolve all disciplinary cases at School
- Develop methodologies and materials:
- manage academic materials: tests, past papers, course books and supplementary materials
- ensure that teachers apply various methodologies for different student needs
- create working environment where teachers can share experience and learn from each other
- ensure that teachers have access to the materials and benefit from using them
- ensure that students regularly receive extra materials to boost their progress
- develop e-library and paper library at School
- Develop new courses:
- strategic planning of courses for academic year and summer period
- build effective process of course development: group meetings, curriculum design, materials compilation, teacher trainings, course assessment, etc.
- work closely with the Head of sales and client managers to identify untapped markets for the new courses
- Complete fluency in English
- + 2 years experience in a similar position
- DELTA / Ma in TESOL / PGCE / Ma in Ed. with a strong experience of ESL
- Willingness to work with highly qualified teachers and help them grow professionally
- Result-oriented approach
- Strong leader and communicator
- Tech savvy person
- Experience of studying or working in British or American educational institutions
About StudyLab School:
StudyLab School was established 5 years ago as a private tutoring school, aimed to provide the best tutoring service in Moscow.
The School employs 35 teachers, mainly expats from the UK and USA, and focuses on preparing students to enter boarding schools and universities abroad. The most popular subjects at School are TOEFL, IELTS, SAT/SSAT, Math, Academic English, Science and General English. The majority of our students are children from 9 y.o. to 18 y.o. with some experience of study abroad programs. For the past years our students have been accepted to selective educational institutions abroad, such as Repton School, Marlborough College, Peddie School, Malvern College, Princeton University, Oxford University and UCLA. Our approach to teaching can be summarized by a statement “We teach a student, not a book”. What teachers value at StudyLab School is academic environment, motivated students and freedom in academic planning. Students value teachers, who guide and support them, helpful staff and high customer service.
StudyLab School is a part of "StudyLab - Education Abroad" agency, which has been recruiting students to boarding schools and universities abroad for 10 years.