Under the supervision of the REACH Country Focal Point, the REACH Assessment Manager is responsible for the timely and appropriate implementation of REACH assessments in the field, in accordance with the approach and methodology defined by REACH. The REACH Senior Assessment Manager is responsible for developing research design, consultation with partners, representation of REACH the field and managing data collection, and coordination activities. He/she will be based in Severodonetsk with visits to the field and Kyiv.
- To implement assessments based on REACH guidelines including
- Initial consultations with partners
- Development of a consultative research design
- Coordination of logistics with support from the REACH team
- Monitoring of data collection
- Oversight of data cleaning
- Design of an analysis plan
- Validation and dissemination of findings
- Perpetration of final report
- Management of REACH field staff to ensure a smooth and timely implementation of activities
- Properly recording all activities as per the procedures defined by REACH
In particular the REACH Field Coordinator will be in charge of:
- Conduct consultations with partners at Kiev and field level to identify information gaps that will inform research design
- Draft research design with inputs from all relevant partners and validation of key assessment steps (agreement on research design, questionnaire)
- Coordinate implementation of data collection including design of data collection tools, identification of samples, recruitment of staff for all types of collection methods (household-level surveys, focus group discussions and key informant telephone calls)
- Coordinate training of data collection staff
- Monitor data collection exercise and report to country focal point on progress
- Ensure that field staff complete all the necessary documentation to prove data collection
- Coordinate with the GIS Officer in collecting GIS data data
- Providing daily progress reports to supervisor regarding progress of work
- Writing scoping reports and briefings from interviews and meetings
- Maintaining strong working relations with all colleagues, in REACH, ACTED and other collaborating agencies
- To maintain consistent and effective work habits in the field: including timeliness, frequent and clear communication with technical teams and supervisors
- Maintain good working relations with beneficiaries and all stakeholders
- Attending any trainings as requested by their line-manager[s]
- Available for travel during data collection missions for up to 5 nights at a time
- Supporting REACH Country Focal point in the execution of all necessary project activities, including monitoring and evaluation of activies.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
The REACH GIS Officer will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
- Fluency of English, Ukrainian and Russian are mandatory
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years' experience with team management and asseessment, preferably with at least 1 year in humanitarian context and/or data collection
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and government requirements an asset
- Prior knowledge of the eastern Ukraine context an asset
- Excellent command of computer software, advanced word and excel and statistical tools such as Stata, SPSS or R
- Excellent knowledge of database management system (RDBMS) language SQL
- Good team management skills
- Good leadership capacities, patience, and willingness to work as a team
- Good problem solving capacities, to meet any logistical challenges in the field
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with both the assessed population and the local authorities
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, including travel, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently
- Flexibility to ever-changing needs and responsibilities
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
Ability to work independently, and willingness to learn and capacity to innovate.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Applications in English should include a CV, a cover letter and two references.
Applications should be submitted no later than December 6th 2016 at 18:00 mentioning the title or reference of the position (e-mails without mentioned position will be not considered) in the subject of the E-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACTED is equal opportunity employer.