Ariadne seeks a talented C/C++ Programmer to develop and maintain an indexing engine and a web content delivery framework. The engine processes and makes searchable terabytes of rapidly growing biomedical information. The web portal system handles over 10 million hits from over a million of unique users every day. Both are high-performance, multi-threaded, distributed software systems running on hundreds of Linux-based servers at National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
- 5+ years of related software development experience
- hands-on C/C++ development experience, STL
- OO knowledge and programming experience in C++
- flexibility and ability to learn and use new technologies
- ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently and get things done
- database design/development experience, SQL
- experience in writing Unix shell or Perl scripts
- XML/XSLT knowledge and experience
- multi-threaded programming experience
- experience designing/building any application framework
- cross-platform Linux/Unix, Windows programming experience
- information retrieval and text indexing experience
- experience with any Web application development frameworks
- background in biology or bioinformatics
- distributed systems
- network programming
- bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar is required
- master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- long term contract position at National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, USA (Washington DC area)
- competitive salary, quick H1B Visa processing and Green Card sponsorship
Ariadne offers an excellent benefits package including health insurance with 100% company paid premiums, 401K program with matching, paid time off and holiday pay, life insurance, flexible spending and disability coverage. We promote an excellent work life balance with a 40-hours workweek and a chance to work alongside accomplished scientists at NIH.
Several positions are available that have following responsibilities: design and development of business-logic and presentation components for NIH web portal, system performance optimization, development of algorithms for analyzing large volumes of biological data, design and support of databases for storing genomic and other biological information.
Thank you for your interest in our C/C++ Developer position!
We look forward to reviewing your application.