The vacancy is open in EMC legacy.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Provides high-level technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management. Understands EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign. Applicable markets: Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, Specialist/Practice
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to EMC solutions, and train the account team.
- Develops relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Strategizes and executes technical sales calls
- Assists the Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Configures and documents EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding. Assumes a support role in District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and EMC management. Participates in mentorship of more junior TC family members.
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- The role may have one of the additional sets of "specialty" responsibilities as required by the hiring manager:
- Detailed product knowledge
- Customer focused
- Communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
- Experience Required: 7+ years relevant experience
- Physical Requirements: No