Android Developer (Relocate to London)
We’re looking for Android Developers to work within our highly experienced team, building high-performance systems using cutting-edge open-source technologies. You will both teach and learn in an innovative and fast-paced Agile environment, and be responsible for delivery of key product features crucial to our success. Please submit an English version of your CV for this position.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver Android app feature designs
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Write test cases and work with QA on a weekly release cycle
- Work within an agile team (daily standups, weekly planning meetings)
- Maintain build systems and write unit tests
- Review analytics and performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Professional level of English (both written and spoken)
- Product-focused Android application development experience
- Portfolio of consumer facing high-performance Android applications available in the Marketplace
- Advanced Android SDK / Java skills
- Strong knowledge of Android API capabilities at different levels, framework components and lifecycles
- Good understanding of design patterns & Object Orientated Programming
- Enthusiastic about teamwork in an AGILE/Scrum environment
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- You'll love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Enthusiastic and fun to work with
- A desire to work with a fresh, social digital brand
- Competitive salary, monthly bonuses, private medical insurance including dental cover, gym membership, lunches at the office.
- Relocation package to the value of £10,000, which can be used for things such as:
- Training and payment for IELTS
- Travel tickets
- Temporary accommodation in London for up to one month
- Everything you need for living comfort - from crockery to household appliances
- Relocation agency support for new home search, enrolling children to a school, getting acquainted with an area, opening bank accounts, etc
There’s nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We’re just as social as our product and don’t hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we’re a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We’re a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 350 million users across 190 countries and 250 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform. Users spend an average of 1.8 hours daily on the Badoo experience, for a total of over 12 billion swipes per day.
Badoo also operates a number of white label licences for various international brands. For more information, please visit badoo.com.