The Australian Embassy to the Russian Federation is seeking expressions of interest for a Property Manager position
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, highly-developed communication skills in both English and Russian and be willing to work out-of-hours if required. All employees of the Australian Embassy must also pass a local police clearance prior to employment.
Applications should be submitted by 25 August 2017
- All applications must be in English, addressing claims against the selection criteria in the test section
- Responses should be detailed but concise and include specific examples of demonstrated past experience.
- Applicants should also provide the contact details of three work-related referees who can support the applicant’s claims.
Selection criteria (applicants must address all the selection criteria)
- Demonstrated, sound knowledge of Russian civil law, the ability to analyze and interpret financial data and effective management of all aspects of a property portfolio. Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within a team. Ability to conduct business effectively with a range of clients, including senior representatives in the public and private sectors. Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to undertake other duties as directed.
- High-level organisational and coordination skills, including the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, supervise a maintenance team and contribute effectively to work objectives, pro-actively identify issues of relevance, anticipate problems and suggest solutions.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to communicate fluently and effectively in Russian and English, both orally and in writing including two way translations and undertaking informal two way interpreting.
- Advanced computer literacy, including experience in using MS Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Day-to-day management of the Australian Embassy’s property portfolio in accordance with Australian Government guidelines. Properties include the chancery building, the official residence of the Australian Ambassador and all other residences of Australian diplomatic staff.
- Negotiation, liaison and co-ordination with landlords, contractors and other service providers.
- Management and co-ordination of contract tender processes.
- Procurement of goods and services in accordance with Australian Government guidelines.
- Asset management including acquisitions, maintenance, stocktaking and disposal.
- Maintenance of inventories, stores and kits.
- Supervision and management of maintenance and cleaning staff, contracted security guards and other service providers as required.
- Reviewing of Financial Payments
- Undertake other duties as directed, including logistical support for Australian diplomatic staff and official visitors.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a property management position or relevant skills and education
- Confidence and ability to liaise with all levels of clients, contractors etc.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Fluent English
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly organized and pro-active
- Full Time position
- Competitive Social Package
- Schedule 9:00-17: 00
- Central Location