For U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine - Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme we are looking for a Graphic Designer (full time, 100%) to work in Kyiv.
U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine - Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme' is a multi-donor action of the European Union and its member states Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Poland and Sweden which supports the efforts of the Ukraine government in the area of decentralisation and regional development. Ukraine has put decentralisation and regional development as a top priority on its political agenda. It is aimed at promoting a viable local self-government and thus bringing a positive change to the people's life. The Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services (MinRegion) holds responsible for this milestone reform process. The Programme contributes to the establishment of multi-level governance which is transparent, accountable and responsible to the needs of the population. While GIZ implements component I of the programme, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency Sida implements component II.
As a multi-donor initiative, U-LEAD needs to maintain a clear and effective internal and external communication about the programme with a broad range of stakeholders such as political partners in Ukraine and abroad, funding donors and further donors supporting decentralisation and regionalisation. The programme also is required to comply with relevant visibility guidelines and standards of donors. Its success greatly depends on the support of all stakeholders involved which is not least created through transparent communication about its progress. This communication is supported by a unified graphical branding and visual representation of the programme.
U-LEAD component I is looking for a highly motivated graphic designer. The person should be able to develop and execute various graphic layouts. An understanding of the decentralisation developments in Ukraine is an asset.
Areas of responsibility
- Design and develop various digital and printed communication products of the Programme including layouts for advertising, books, leaflets, posters, product packaging, rollups/banners for conferences, illustrated success stories (separately and as a brochure), invitation cards, programme overviews, signposting / routing systems, badges, ID tapes, etc.
- Enhance U-LEAD visual brand and support the implementation and further development of visual communication of the programme;
- Develop creative ideas and concepts including typesetting and design as well as preparing draft material with regard to the topics, formats and target groups;
- Determine requirements regarding design style, format and timescales for product illustrations, logos, etc.;
- Review final layouts, suggest improvements if required and prepare them for print;
- Ensure the compliance with relevant visibility guidelines of U-LEAD's donors and closely coordinate with relevant units within U-LEAD.
- MA or post-graduate degree in arts, visual communications or in a related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position or in a PR/ communications agency or other organization
- Solid experience with the design of printed publications and visibility items; familiar with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other relevant design software
- Fluent written and spoken English and Ukrainian
- Experience with donor-funded international development projects and programmes is an asset
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences
- Strong organisational, planning and managerial competences
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, often under tight deadlines
- High degree of discretion, integrity and sense of tone
- Willingness to work in the office or remotely outside office hours
Starting as soon as possible. The contract duration is until the end of December 2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising a) a cover letter explaining your motivation, b) your CV (which includes a link to your portfolio) and c) contact details of three references - until 30 August 2017.