Netwrix Corporation provides change and configuration auditing solutions that deliver complete visibility into who did what, when and where across the entire IT infrastructure. This streamlines compliance, strengthens security and simplifies root cause analysis. Founded in 2006, Netwrix is ranked in the Top 100 US software companies in the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Netwrix software is used by 160,000 users worldwide.
The company is headquartered in Irvine, California, with regional offices in Ohio, UK, Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, India and Russia (St.-Petersburg). The Russian branch of Netwrix Corporation continues to evolve and is looking for a Senior technical writer.
Summary: We are looking for a senior technical writer who is passionate about content design and who strongly believes that user needs come first.
Please submit your CV in English only.
As a technical writer in Netwrix, you will:
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including administrator’s guides, user guides, configuration manuals, KB articles, online help, troubleshooting guides, etc. Currently, we deliver 25+ PDF manuals, our HTML5-based online help center has just gone live.
- Organize your own daily routine. In most cases, you have to solicit requirements and tasks out of product management documents, team discussions, and the product itself. You will process tasks in TFS, and keep them on track.
- Work in a team of two people. The TechCom department is small; you might lead a team but most roles and responsibilities are interchangeable.
- Communicate closely with the development, QC, and support teams: attend meetings and iteration demos, arrange one-to-one sessions, and communicate through email.
- Participate in product GUI reviews both as the language expert and UX adviser.
- Deliver two major releases per year and several updates every now and then. In addition to the main product, you will update guides for some older or freeware products.
You are a perfect match if:
- You have been working as a software technical writer for 3 years or more.
- You have a good command of English.
- You are a team player, you can lead a team but do not mind a friendly advice.
- You understand and can explain what all this single-sourcing stuff is about.
- You have a hands-on experience with MadCap Flare or any similar tool.
- You have a solid knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- You have strong editorial and organizational skills to ensure documentation complies with company standards and guidelines.
- You can analyze various information sources, collect and organize information in a structured, coherent manner.
- You are a self-motivated quick learner. You are ready to explore new technologies and the products developed by the company.
- You are comfortable working on a tight schedule.
- You are ready to prove to a development team that you are not just a writing monkey but a professional with a solid understanding of technologies.
- You can easily translate complicated technical concepts in user-friendly texts.
The following skills will be a plus:
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SharePoint).
- Experience describing APIs.
- Modern, energetic and friendly working environment.
- Work in a stable, growing company.
- Compensation depending on skills and experience.
- Internal trainings that help you accomplish your job.
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion.
- Flexible working hours.
- Office in a modern office building right next to the “Staraya Derevnya” subway station.
- Extended medical insurance (including dental coverage).
- Employment according to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation.
- Company-paid sports activities.