As Professional Applications Sr. Software Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining web applications using Ruby on Rails in Heroku in international team. You will participate in architecture, design, and implementation of these applications. You need to have proven extensive experience building web applications in Heroku or similar using Ruby on Rails.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and supporting multiple small to medium size ROR web applications and services, that are usually satellites to core services;
- Develop intensely growing various internal products: education platform and online booking tools for doctors
- Build API of our services for other software products in our company
- Working closely with business owners to propose high-quality user experience solutions for desktop and mobile web applications
- Collaborate with other departments like DevOps, Tooling, SQA, ITOPS to make things done.
- Close collaboration with peers: drive pair programming sessions, code reviews
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails architecture, cross-platform integration, and building scalable applications in heterogeneous environments
- Strong PostgreSQL skills including database design and optimization
- Basic system background: experience with shell scripts / unix essential tools, networks, webservers
- Experience working with Heroku: buildpacks, monitoring tools, resource management, optimization
- Experience with search engines like Solr or Elasticsearch
- Ability to debug and resolve complex complex problems, performance or intermittent issues
- Interpersonal, oral, written, and visual communication skills, with ability to present findings concisely and effectively.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with developers, program management, and marketing about objectives, requirements and design constraints.
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (Git).
- Upper Intermediate English (Feel confident to speak)
- Front-end stack (Webpack, es2015+, React, Redux) knowledge will be a plus.
- GraphQL experience
- Experience with Various Heroku addons
- Experience with automating AWS services, aws-cli.
- Internationalization/Localization and Salesforce knowledge and experience a strong plus
- Experience with caching systems is a plus
- Experience with Build Management, Software Configuration Management, Change Management, and Release Management activities
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Test-Driven Development and/or Behavior-Driven Development.
- Knowledge of User Experience design methodologies is a plus
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical and statistical background.
- Organizational, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Mobile web development is a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Employment according to the Labor law
- Competitive salary and annual bonuses
- Professional development and career growth, training, conferences, English and Spain classes
- Voluntary Medical Insurance for all employees and their children (with dental treatment)
- Lunch allowance
- 31 vacation days, paid days-off.
- Democratic and open culture
- Gym in the office
- Corporate events for employees and their children
- Flexible working hours (usually 11:00-19:45)