Chief Technology Officer (CTO, UAE, Dubai)
от 5 000 до 7 000 USD до вычета НДФЛ
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
Bring your strategic vision and technical savviness to AWOK.com and join our growing team of professionals passionate about the delivery of modern E-commerce. AWOK.com is hiring for this CTO position to provide strategic direction for the development of AWOK.com technology products and support company-wide application development.
This new position creates an exciting opportunity to lead and manage strategic planning for the company’s product development roadmap, execution of the roadmap and successful launch of new products through their full life cycle. This position will also lead and support overall software application development, testing and implementation for AWOK.com enterprise-wide product portfolio.
The CTO is a member of Senior Leadership and will provide technical vision and strategic insight to grow the company through the use of technological resources. The successful contributor for this position will have a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and be close enough to the technology and the individual contributors that they will be able to lead product direction and engineering execution.
AWOK is looking for the right person to fill this role, which means we are flexible as to geographic location from which this position can be based. AWOK will consider qualified candidates from any part of the world.
If you enjoy variety and a challenge in your work, then this opportunity is right up your alley. Reporting to the CEO, you will collaborate with other department leaders and serve as an advisor of technologies that may improve AWOK overall product efficiency and effectiveness.
Strategy & Planning
· In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as an E-commerce business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
· Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
· Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
· Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
· Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
· Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
· Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
· Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
· Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
· Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading your peers’ blogs!).
· Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
· Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
· Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
· Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
· Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
· Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
· Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
· Promote achievement of the company’s business goals within a context of community collaboration by developing policies for sharing software code, technological innovation, business processes, and other intellectual property.
· Contribute to open source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, releasing code, presenting at conferences, and writing for publication (online or offline).
Formal Education & Certification
· BS in related field and at least 15 years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 10 years management and strategic experience in this field or MBA/MS in related filed with 10 years experience, 7 of which must be managerial and strategic.
Knowledge & Experience
· Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
· 10 years experience managing web application development.
· 3-5 years experience with startup companies.
· Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework.
· Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
· Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
· Has contributed to one or more open source projects.
· Knowledge of web standards.
· Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
· Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
· Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
· Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
· Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
· Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
· Proven leadership ability.
· Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
· Exceptional service orientation.
· Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· On-call availability 24/7 and overtime.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers (or skill with adaptive devices) to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment.