Middle/Senior Linux developer (remote)
от 1 500 до 2 500 USD на руки
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
Чешская компания, разработчик собственного IT- продукта, имеющего широкое распространение в ресторанной индустрии всего мира, ищет Remote Linux specialist/developer. Оригинальное описание вакансии привожу ниже:
"We are working for foreign software developer company developing own POS system for hospitality and catering segment for more than 20 years. They are number one on the market of their country with quite impressive list of references.
We are searching for "Linux specialist/developer" for development of our "own distribution" and for support of our software solution under Linux. We also need administration of Linux servers. Proposed cooperation is not about development of distribution and canceling of cooperation. It is about long term cooperation in Linux support in our company and in server administration.
We are developing own "Linux distribution" based on Debian. Development of our distribution means creating instalation and configuration scripts. Those scripts are consequently installed by debian packages linked in dependence tree. Our distribution is basic part of our main product (point of sale system) deployment. Another part of job is writing of scripts for different tasks, support for different pieces of hardware on Linux (touchscreen, POS hardware, ...) and Linux servers administration.
- Very good knowledge of shell scripting (bash)
- Knowledge of Python (Perl is also good)
- Knowledge of Debian (Ubuntu) and it's package system (deb packages)
- Experience with building of own Debian packages
- We consider as advantage Linux programming (C/Kylix/Lazarus/...), PHP programing, SQL knowledge, knowledge of XML and XSLT
- Ability of daily usage of English, whole development is in English, written and spoken is used
- We are interested about full time cooperation only (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
What will be your duties:
- 50% Development of own Linux distribution
- 25% Support for different hardware and Linux support for our customer support team
- 25% Server administration and configuration
What could developer expect from us:
- We will force him to produce solution designed to be easy and simply to use
- We think, that developer must provide high level of quality and "alpha tests" are part of his work
- We are not developing without prior analysis and written instructions (description)
- We are forcing developers to follow formal rules, including use of our bug tracking system based on Bugzilla and development according with prior made documentation
- We are using best practices from extreme programming, test driven development, team work and other suitable methods
- We are not developing application on request (turn key, single purpose), our applications are long term supported and alive. For that reason, applications quality (including internal source code) is very important for us
- Developer will be part of team developing applications, that are loved by their users
- Developer will work from home as an individual entrepreneur
How will be hiring of new colleague proceeded:
- If you respond to our advertisement, we will send you on-line test
- If you pass on-line test, we will invite you to technical video interview over Hangout/Skype. Technical interview will verify your knowledge presented in on-line test
- If you pass technical interview, we will invite you to business video interview over Hangout/Skype
- If you pass business interview and still willing to work with us, then welcome on board"