Financial Data Scientist
з/п не указана
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest engineers. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
We offer unique career opportunities, which include:
- Applying a synergy of innovative methods in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science for Finance
- Rare opportunity to learn from experienced financial data scientists
- Competitive financial rewards, based on performance and position
- Opportunity for promotion to Vice President in 2 to 4 years, based upon performance
- Friendly and collegial working environment
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to, the following):
- Create and program algorithmic, computer-driven models
- Analysis and cleaning of financial data
- Automation of research processes
- Solid programming skills (C++ and/or Python)
- Degree from a top university in a highly analytical/quantitative field, such as: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or similar, with a high GPA
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods
- Good knowledge of English (both oral and written)
- Strong work ethic
- Prior experience in finance is not required
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with big data or large datasets
- Experience with Unix, Git, Python mathematical packages
- International or regional Mathematical/ Programming/Physics Olympiad medals
Position based in Moscow or Saint Petersburg.
+7 (499) 6778422HR-Confidential@WorldQuant.RU