Technical Leader / Lead software developer (AWS)
з/п не указана
ClearScale is a leading company that provides a wide range of cloud services including architecture design, development, integration, migration, automation, and managed services. We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized business, and startups succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly and there is high demand for the services we provide. Clients come to us for our deep experience with key cloud infrastructure, automation, and management providers like AWS, Chef, Docker, and RightScale.
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact, enjoy competitive compensation, work on a wide variety of projects for clients across multiple industries, and work alongside some of the best minds in the cloud. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
About the role
In this role, you will be on a passionate, dedicated software development team, helping build innovative proprietary software products. This is a tight-knit team with top-performers that are constantly innovating and expanding the capabilities of our software while maintaining process and writing clean code. It is a fun and driven team that often explores modern technologies. The team is looking for a lead developer to steer major projects and work on highly visible strategic priorities. Your work will directly influence software for some of the most revolutionary ideas in customer loyalty!
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Helps CTO create SOWs
- Lead a project, taking ownership of task assignments and deliverables ( support risk assessment, cost and timing, dependence and impact on other solutions / projects).
- Serves as technical expert and architect for projects.
- Design, build and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services and underlying software infrastructure.
- Understand the domain, business requirements and resulting technical challenges – you should be an expert in the technologies used for implementation (see “ Required skills and experience”) and quickly become very knowledgeable in the problem domain and business cases.
- Play an active role during the project requirements gathering, design and implementation, building out application components and unit/acceptance tests alongside your team.
- Work on Project Documentation (Diagrams, Architecture Design, Instructions, Handover documents).
- Get to know your team: strengths, weaknesses, ambitions and personalities, making sure they understand the big picture and how important their work is to the team’ s overall success.
- Act as a communication proxy for your team and route important information to the appropriate people (CEO/CTO, Director of Development, PMs, clients).
- Be a leading participant in planning activities, internal and customer-facing design sessions, empowering team members and ensuring architectural integrity/consistency across subsystems.
Responsible for initial and on-going generation of tasks that includes name, scope and estimates.
- Know the status of your team’ s work, communicating schedule slip immediately to management and keeping track of technical debt, manage the team’s backlog, the daily activities, project status, provide QBO (tracking systems) time tracking audit on the hours in their projects at the end of each billing cycle.
- Manage a regular team code review process and ensure compliance with company policy, procedures, and standards.
- Escalates technical project issues and concerns to Project Manager and Director of Development.
Escalates HR/Personnel issues to Director of Development.
This position will report to CEO/CTO, Director of Development and PMs.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of custom software application development experience using Java, Data, or/and PHP with 3-5 years as people manager.
- 2 or more years of experience with AWS development stack and development lifecycle tooling (Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, Code Deploy, etc.)
- Experience developing large scale enterprise Serverless applications.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills and mentoring skills.
- Planning, designing, implementing and supporting technology applications.
- Multitasking and prioritizing while ensuring deadlines are met with attention to detail.
Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment. Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies, and the ability to apply these practices to projects.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and remote work is a huge plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (fluent).
Note: Please provide your CV in English
Desired Technical Certifications (not must):
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – (Associate / Professional)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – (Associate / Professional)
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – (Associate / Professional)
- AWS Certified Developer – (Associate)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are able to be collaborative, adaptive, flexible and have a strong leadership and communication skills.
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.