Data associate - Upstream Oil & Gas / Data analysis
з/п не указана
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
Role: Data associate - Upstream Oil & Gas
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie
For the past 45 years, we have established our reputation as a trusted source of knowledge and forward- looking insight for the world’s most innovative organisations.
Our teams are located around the world, and deliver research and consulting projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies and economic indicators such as market supply, demand and price trends. As a result, we can count the world’s key energy institutions and governments among our most loyal clients.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We value everyone’s contribution and support them to reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being. There are opportunities to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us.
We are part of a company that has been named as a Best Employer by Forbes Magazine and on the Forbes Most Innovative Companies list three years running. Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
What you’ll love about Verisk
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2017, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year and to its America’s Best Mid-Size Employers list. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the second consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Our expertise in upstream oil and gas is driven from our unique databases, economic models and forecasts. We provide comprehensive asset and company valuations, in-depth analysis and insight into key issues. This objective research helps companies around the world to identify, evaluate and rank upstream growth opportunities.
We offer clients a number of products based on our high quality proprietary data. Working as part of a Subsurface data team you'll be responsible for data gathering, collation critical for quality research and analysis on the upstream sector.
This role is in the Subsurface data team. The role holder will assume primary responsibility for various data gathering, collation and analysis. The role holder will work with an oil and gas database and support the Subsurface Data Analysts to improve data quality and processes.
- Search for, gather and compile Upstream oil and gas data from both external and internal Wood Mackenzie sources into spreadsheets
- Process various types of data, including directional drilling, completion and well production
- Compare different data sources
- Data quality check
- Create automated integrity checks, optimize data processing
- Develop analytical solutions using a variety of methodologies including predictive modelling, text mining, forecasting and network analytics
- Work closely with analysts from overseas data teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering , or
- Bachelor's degree in GIS and Cartography, or
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or equivalent technical degree
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Keen interest in applied mathematics, data science and analysis in Python and/or R
- Experience working with databases and ArcGIS is a plus
- Persistence in looking for difficult to find data
- Accuracy of input and attention to detail are essential
- Strong communication skills – particularly the ability to work in a regional team and interact with colleagues and external contacts in multiple geographic locations
- English (fluent spoken and good written)
- Efficiency Focused
- Continuous Improvement
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
- Algorithmic thinking
- Critical thinking
- Planning, implementation and control
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Customer Focused