OnTarget Labs, a leading outsourcing company in Russia, is looking for a Senior Java/Node.js Developer to join the company on a full-time position. We offer interesting projects for U.S. customers, work in a young friendly team and opportunities for professional growth for employees targeted on success!
The Customer is a leading provider of learning content management solutions and mobile learning applications. The Learning Content Management System (LCMS) is a fully integrated software environment that provides for the authoring, managing and publishing of XML-based online courseware, instructor-led materials, performance support and mobile learning products. The Customer enables content delivery to a wide-range of learning environments, including web-based eLearning, instructor-led training, social platforms and mobile learning.
- Develop n-tier web-based applications using Java and Node.JS. You will be supporting the Publishing development team, and building publishing pipeline for Web and print outputs that integrate with the product platform.
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency features and improvements for a mission-critical content delivery system
- Resolving application and component problems, as well as fixing bugs during the development life cycle, or as part of maintenance
- Ensuring all designs and coding comply to documented requirements, security best practices, and performance guidelines
- Participating in daily Scrums and sprint team planning / backlog grooming sessions as part of our Agile development methodology
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Three or more years hands-on software development experience in a team environment
- Strong background in object oriented software development and software patterns (Gamma, et. Al)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Energetic, positive, with the ability to bring a “can do” attitude to challenges
- Ability to work well with peers and managers
- Experience in unit and integration Testing, application testing and troubleshooting/debugging
- Experience in writing and maintaining software documentation and specifications
- Web development skills including HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Familiarity with the following development technologies: jQuery, AngularJS or React, XML/XSLT
- Basic understanding of web security - HTTPS, SSL, and secure communication
- Experience using Git and GitFlow in a team environment (merge requests, branching, push, and pulls)
- Exposure and integration experience with Amazon Web Services
- Competitive salary (to be defined upon the interview results)
- Flexible working hours;
- Compliance with the Labor Code;
- Medical insurance (after successful completion of the trial period);
- Office located in the city center, close to metro station "Ligovskiy prospekt" and "Obvodniy kanal";
- English language classes to further develop your spoken English
- Occasional business trips to US are possible.