Rockall Technologies is a wholly owned subsidiary of Broadridge Financial Solutions and is based in Dublin, Ireland and Charlotte, North Carolina. This role is part of a new venture with Broadridge Russia and has the objective of accelerating the development of the FASTNET cloud product. FASNET is a cloud-native product, developed from the ground up over the last few years, based on Rockall’s long-standing expertise in providing collateral management and securities-based-lending solutions to top tier global financial institutions. Key technologies are Java, Typescript, Angular6_, Python, Clojure, Linux and AWS.
We are seeking a Software Developer to work on a focused, energetic and dedicated team to develop a ground-breaking FinTech SaaS product using full-stack Java, Python and Angular, running in the Amazon cloud. Experience developing and delivering software product using Amazon Web Services is highly desirable.
- Design and implementation of new functionality for use in multi-tier, web-based products for use by Banks and other Financial Institutions.
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality.
- Working at multiple layers in the technology stack e.g. DB, Application Layer, UI Layer
- Working with Amazon Web Services and cloud technologies e.g. Docker, Nomad, Terraform
- Contribute to estimation exercises that feed into project plans.
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements, to existing software development, testing and deployment processes.
- Troubleshooting Development issues across multiple environments as necessary
- Regularly updating job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations etc.
You’re a respected senior team member who can come into an existing team working in a collaborative Scrum environment and make an impact with your own delivery and through others.
You ask the right questions up front and take personal responsibility for what you commit to do, owning it to completion.
You love to deliver real value to customers and work hard to understand their needs and come up with ideas to meet them.
Your code is neat, quick and hits the functional mark every time, with rigorous, automated test code.
You care as much about architectural design as implementation code and can take on big design questions, do the research needed to make the right choices, get stakeholders around them, and guide the team effort to flawlessly execute.
You can keep multiple projects and conversations moving forward with different sets of stakeholders and manage your time so that the loop always gets closed.
You work smoothly with your teammates and speak up where you see how we can raise the team standards, to better designs and code, better and newer tools, and better ways to interact with each other to make our shared workplace high performance and fun to be in.
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
· 5+ years professional experience
· Strong development experience with Java
· Unit and Integration testing methodologies for efficient, comprehensive validation
· Familiarity with one or more RDBMS’s e.g. Postgres
· Experience developing and deploying solutions on one or more major Cloud platforms e.g. Amazon AWS, Google, Azure
· Familiar with Build and Continuous integration – Ant, Maven, CI tools (Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to show flexibility and reach compromise where appropriate
· Willingness to take ownership for assigned aspects of the project(s)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
· A high standard of English
· Eligible to visit Ireland
· Experience with cloud and container tooling such as Docker, Nomad, Terraform
· Familiarity with Linux and system engineering concepts
· Experience with Agile software development methodologies
· Experience with Python and/or Clojure
· Experience of implementing Web Services
· Experience developing frontends with Angular & Typescript
· Primary or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline