CFO/Chief Financial Officer with focus on Treasury (Africa, Angola)
Responsibilities and Autonomy
- This role implies a candidate that has a significant level of Independence. The candidate must have high supervision skills, sense of responsibility, good problem solving skills and negotiation skills.
- Strong expertise in treasury, budgeting, planning.
- Broad experience in Finance management and related areas within the banking industry
- Minimal Experience: 5 years of experience in the banking industry as Head/deputy Head of division Experience in international banking group is encouraged
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, or Mathematics
- Good Knowledge of the Banking activity
- Good knowledge of regulations and statues of the Banking industry, local and international
- Ability to communicate and argue
- A strong leadership abilities
- Ability to see a large picture
- Ability to propose measures to upgrade the Finance function, and to efficiently implement those
- Team orientated manager with an inclusive leadership style, able to drive and motivate others
- Drive and energy with clear ownership of risk management
- Ability to elaborate and implement Finance policies, and all policies within his/hers supervisory area
- Professional Ethics
- Fluent in writing and speaking English
- Fluent in writing and speaking Portuguese is a must (alternatively, a good candidate can have knowledge of another Romanic group language and high desire and commitment to learn Portuguese quickly)
- Fluent in writing and speaking Russian is a plus
- Good capacity of analysis and correct elaboration of documents in English.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum qualifications are a post graduate degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration with a strong foundation in statistical ad other quantitative techniques;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in banking, across a cross section of products and business types e.g. traditional commercial banking, loans , trade finance (structured and unstructured), project finance, securities investment/trading, capital markets, knowledge of Treasury products profile and use in trading/hedging;
- Familiarity with accounting standards (IFRS),;
- Working knowledge of standard software applications in use e.g. MS Office (advance), as well as standard system architecture with typical banking software.
- Good Working knowledge over Bank's Currency Control activities activities and Treasury area (ALM, interbank, NOP management)
- Strong Working knowledge over foreign exchange activities(Spot, DF, NDF, SWAP)
- Strong Working knowledge over financial models for evaluating the , Business planning, and forecasting,
- Strong Working knowledge over Capital Markets Area, Bond market, Security market,;
- Strong analytical and interpreting skills on exposures data, and related market/economy knowledge,;
- Strong presentational skills, and the ability to effectively relate with external and internal parties,
- Experience and ability to build and manage a team of Finance professionals.
- Report writing skills are required. Must be able to summarize and communicate technical data to a non-technical audience.
- Plan, create and implement the elements related to the Bank’s Finance Management, including policies, procedures and processes that are crucial to the Financial Area.
- Manage the Finance Department, regarding internal discipline, team’s motivation and ethics.
- Ensure the implementation of the bank’s best managements Financial practices
- Participate in the recruitment, training and development of qualified employees.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in the Bank's activities in the area of responsibility.
- Assure the non-disclosure of law protected information (banking, commercial and other);
Bank liquidity planning and management; trade and treasury management
- Responsible for the liquidity, currency, price and interest rate of the Bank through the organization of work on an ongoing basis of the Assets and Liabilities Management Committee (ALCO) and direct participation in its work;
- Responsible for maintaining the required liquidity level and optimal balance sheet structure of the Bank by conducting ongoing monitoring of the bank’s positions, issuing relevant recommendations to ALCO on the regulation of relevant positions, forecasting the liquidity status of the Bank for the future within the competence and authority of the Finance Department;
- Responsible for the organization of the capital management of the Bank and its sufficiency level, monitoring of compliance with the mandatory standards and requirements for compliance with the standards established by the regulator for credit institutions (BNA), as well as requirements for the Bank by shareholders, creditors and investors.
- Responsible for management of ALM,NOP management; MM transactions and Funds-Transfer-Pricing
- Responsible for maintaining all processes and procedures that supports all treasury functions directly related to financial markets,
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of liquidity and currency position management practices, as well as the management and development of financial instruments and their appropriate repurchase agreements.
- Responsible for the portfolio management (own and client portfolios) as well as a follow-up the Angolan banking legislation, through the various notices, decrees and instructions issued by the National Bank of Angola (BNA) and other competent authorities such as Stock Exchange. Angola (BODIVA) and the Capital Market Commission (CMC).
Financial planning and control
- Responsible for the elaboration of the budget and financial plan of the Bank, Short-term and Long-term planning (Balance, P&L);, preparation for approval by the Executive Management Committee and Board of directors, monitoring and control of their implementation;
- Preparation for approval by Executive Management Committee (quarterly and annual) reports on budget execution and the financial plan, organization of financial planning processes for the activities of the Bank, and monitoring of the current financial condition;
- Prepare, control and assure the implementation of the Business Plan and Bank’s Budget, and regular monitoring of the targets approved;
- Responsible for the continuous Control of the bank’s results and supervise Bank’s activities in the fulfillment of the objectives set in the business plans
- Assure the fulfillment of recommendations, control the implementation of and instructions of the Administrative Council, Tax Board and Shareholders, as well as recommendations and instructions from Administrative / Control positions within VTB Group regarding Finance Area
- Together with the interested divisions of the Bank (commercial, credit, operational departments) participation in the development, approval and sale of banking products and services to the clients of the Bank, which are within the competence and authority of the Finance Area.
- Responsible for the organization and timely submission of operational reporting to the National Bank of the Republic of Angola, financial and tax authorities, maintaining constant communication with the National Bank of the Republic of Angola on a set of issues falling within the competence of the Financial Director, within the framework of the established competence;
- Responsible for the organization of the development and presentation of management reports within VTB Group, maintenance and continuous development of key elements of the management reporting system,;