BCS Global Markets is the Global Markets and Investment Banking division of BCS Financial Group. The latter was
launched to build an institutional business on its existing strengths in the Russian markets, and since June 2012, offers prime services and global markets business lines to institutional clients in Russia and internationally.
Expanding presence on global stage.
We offer services to institutional clients worldwide through major hubs located in Russia, Cyprus, UK and USA:
- Russia, Novosibirsk / Moscow — BCS Financial Group, operational since1998
- Cyprus — BCS (Cyprus) Ltd European licensed broker, member of the LSE, operational since 2004
- UK, London — BCS Prime Brokerage Ltd (UK), licensed in June 2013
- USA, New York — BCS Americas Inc., operational since 2016
Our geographical presence allows us to combine the provision of legal protection for our clients while offering a variety of financial products.
Risk Management (RM) evaluates market and credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies limits for them on the Risk Committee considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department creates and develops risk models, Market and Credit Risk Policies and organize the process of assigning Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit and market risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on market and credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Group Chief Risk Officer, Risk Committee members and senior management. RM also interacts with business units to ensure that market and credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Background on the Position
Head of Credit Risks is responsible for working with all business units and risk management in the Group. This individual will work closely with setting private placements and loans guidelines, while providing an independent credit view of key portfolio risks for risk Committee, Board and Senior management. This individual will also provide management oversight for all Credit Risk Management functions relating to loans, including analytics, (Post Closing) Quality Control, Collateral Valuation and Credit Policy.
Head of Credit Risks is responsible for governing credit risk management framework and risk function. The position insures company’s compliance with government regulations and ensures effective governance of enterprise, operational, financial, and reputational related risks/ Responsibility for the credit risk management function and for maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of the firm's risk management system. Head of CR is responsible for creating policies and practices that consistently and reliably identify, measure, monitor, manage and report risks faced by the firm and ensuring that risks are within approved tolerances, including insurance risk, credit risk, and group risk. Head of CR will assist management in optimizing risk-adjusted returns, and in embedding risk awareness into the firm’s decision-making.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage and improves the firm’s risk management framework
· Provide leadership to the Credit Risk Management function
· Work effectively with business units to identify, analyze, and mitigate internal and external credit risks to support sustainable growth
· Execute successfully strategies, resolve issues, and provide support on all risk related matters
· Develop robust, world class risk strategies that contribute to effective governance
· Provide periodic reporting of credit risk management updates to Risk Committees, Board of Directors and senior management and provide ad-hoc risk updates to regulators
· Lead, manage and supervise a credit team of risk professionals responsible for the firm’s credit and liquidity risk management
· Utilize knowledge of portfolio margin and risk management for client accounts, proprietary and correspondent clearing accounts in Credit Risk View.
· Understand and evaluate complex financial derivatives and stress tests used internally and externally to manage client and firm exposures
· Ability to communicate complex issues and manage key senior level relationships with clients, regulators, executive management and counterparties
· Possess in-depth and technical knowledge of financial markets with the ability to make critical, timely decisions
· Provide and develop Credit Standards, Risk Acceptance Criteria (RAC), Credit Policy and loan related businesses Guidelines,
· Setting (post closing) Quality Control and Collateral Valuation Procedures.
· Provide guidance and input to stress testing scenario metric in Credit Point of View
· Review and Approve all Allowance For Credit Losses, Credit Capital Limit, and Stress Test results relating to Credit Risks.
· Review and approve new products
· Perform other duties as required and assigned by the firm’s senior management
Skills required (essential)
· Deep knowledge of Credit risk, Analysis of issuers / loans, Credit risk metrics .
· Strong detail orientation, critical thinking, and credit analysis skills, along with sound judgment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Confidence to interact directly with senior management, and present to Risk Committees including Board.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to operate effectively in a high volume environment, as a strong, results-oriented, multi-tasker.
· Exhibit strong leadership with ability to motivate and develop large teams.
· Significant accounting and finance knowledge
· Advanced understanding of Statistics and Probability helpful Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or advanced degree in quantitative discipline preferred
· Minimum 10 years’ Risk Management experience, with 5+ years related to credit risk management
- medical insurance;
- bonuses by results of work;
- the cafe and canteen inside the office;
- 3 paid days additionally to your vacaction days;
- total compliance with all legal requirements;
- office location near m. Prospekt Mira ( then relocation to London optionally);