TeamCity is a kick-ass CI server used by many teams around the globe. Every day it runs thousands of builds at fintech companies, game development studios, medical software producers, and many others.
The product technology stack is Spring (Spring MVC, J2EE container), but the technology stack is constantly evolving. For instance, now we’re adopting React components for the frontend.
We’re committed to making developers’ lives easier by providing a reliable and easy-to-use CI server. To support continuous integration workflows, we have implemented a huge number of integrations with various tools and technologies.
A TeamCity distribution package consists of a core part and over 100 plugins supporting different technologies and tools. The core part of the server provides a set of APIs: the Open API for plugins, a REST API, a remote API for TeamCity agents (an agent’s job is to run builds and send build results back to the server), and a remote API for different IDE plugins.
We’re looking for an experienced Java developer capable of dealing with complex problems involving performance and memory optimizations, refactoring code, improving the system scalability, reducing resource contention in concurrently running tasks, etc.
Some other important requirements include:
- Strong knowledge of OOP.
- API design experience (Java, REST, remote protocols).
- Knowledge of SQL and JDBC, experience in working with popular SQL servers and in optimizing SQL queries.
- Ability to analyze and refactor code written by other people.
- Responsibility, self-motivation, and self-discipline.
- Ability to work in a distributed team (ours spans Saint Petersburg, Munich, Prague, and Moscow).
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive attitude toward product improvement.
- Spacious comfortable office (open 24/7) with a private parking lot.
- Competitive salary: determined individually, but above industry average.
- Bonuses based on your performance.
- Voluntary health insurance for employees, their spouse, and their children under age 18 (including dental insurance).
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Full salary during sick leave.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hot meals, free drinks, fruits, and snacks.
- Office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Office gym (with washrooms), massage room, and a recreational zone.
- Training, including English and German language classes.
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences in Europe and the US.
- Job relocation help.