Position: Sales Licensing Manager (Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA))
We are seeking a Sales Licensing Manager to manage licensing rights distribution for “Masha and the Bear” property throughout EMEA region. Establish cooperation with Consumer Products (CP) licensees, and other partners for focused attention to the brand and pro-active expansion of business in relevant CP and media fields (focusing on high-quality companies).
The core focus for the jobholder is development of distribution and licensing collaborations with prospective licensees. This function relies heavily on coordinated work with agents and partners in the EMEA region, who manage business on a local level with the responsibility to have maximum penetration of the brand in CP.
The essential duties constitute a blend of:
- assuring timely and professional approach towards processing of all affairs related to the core business;
- maximizing business growth through both outbound and inbound partnership inquiries;
- using a blend of professional modern pitching consisting of: reliance on relevant data and research, examples and comparisons to similar industries, high quality assembly of all presentation materials.
The jobholder will report to the Sales Director EMEA and work closely with the wider team to expand global reach and licensing revenue of the company.
Our ideal candidate is coming from licensing and/or marketing fields with a sales background and has experience of working with kids’ brands; is familiar with intellectual property licensing contract language and drafting.
Has strong negotiation skills and able to bring deals across the finish line without compromising Animaccord’s standards and values.
Candidates should possess exceptional organizational skills, thoroughness, and ability to multi-task in a fluid environment.
- Serve as the primary liaison and manager of day-to-day relationships between Animaccord Group of companies and potential and existing licensees for assigned rights in the EMEA territory as assigned by the line manager.
- Searching for new licensees using different methods (LinkedIn, cold calling, networking, online conferences…etc.).
- Manage licensees to ensure consistent and cohesive marketing, merchandising, and product development/execution.
- mplement short and long-term strategy for managed brand(s) in the territory, including analysis, preparation of materials, executive summaries and presentations. Contribute into the global strategy of the Group.
- Control of media planning alignment in managed territories.
- Control product plan development and execution.
- Control of financial, marketing, legal, and other aspects of licensing activities.
- Drive business and evaluate financial results.
- Negotiate and review business terms and contracts.
- Identify and analyze differences in forecast vs. actual revenue, and product margin.
- Review and approve quarterly statements and monitor payment compliance.
- Oversee go-to-market planning.
- Collaborate with licensees to activate retail events, promotions, and aggregate product corners.
- Contribute alongside internal teams to ensure quality, brand consistency, and product execution for defined distribution windows.
- Communicate with satellite Animaccord offices to ensure global representation and support for local merchandise needs.
- Provide support for event and trade show planning, market studies, and analysis.
- Communicate status updates with the line manager on a regular basis.
- Assist the line manager with special events/projects.
- Coordinating internally with related departments to ensure licensees are receiving excellent level of support.
Requirements essential for the job:
- Master/bachelor’s degree in business administration and management or equivalent.
- Knowledge of intellectual property licensing.
- Experience in business development.
- Experience with contract negotiation. Vast experience in contract administration and competence in drafting contract language.
- Fluent English and Russian.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to put forward their own views in a clear and constructive manner, choosing an appropriate communication method, e.g. email/ telephone/ face to face; Comfort interacting with senior level executives.
- Ability to write clearly in plain simple language.
- Strong negotiation skills. Ability to confidently handle challenging conversations.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to execute tasks independently, leading initiatives and cooperate with remote team members.
- Ability to learn quickly and take new responsibilities; share learning with team and colleagues.
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs.
Requirements desirable for the job:
- Knowledge of other European language/s will be considered as advantage.
In return we offer:
- Work in a stable company, market leader.
- Competitive salary, the size of which depends on qualifications and experience of the prospective employee.
- Health Insurance, upon successful completion of probation period.
- Ability to work on the worldwide scale with top companies in Licensing and Media industries.
- Opportunities for professional development.