The Quality Manager is a site senior management position reporting to the Operations Director and dotted to the Regional Quality Director. This position is critical for the integrated quality system within the facility and in line with global/regional Operational and Quality objectives by managing, improving, and developing staff and systems. The position also plays a key role as the plant based Quality interface between our customer base, the IFF Sales staff and the production facility.
The position requires high autonomy as this person. In the architecture of the quality organization this role has the potential to develop quality managers into a Director role, so requires a high level of seniority and maturity on quality
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop an organization that meets local and global goals for quality, productivity, customer service, and food safety.
- Provide progressive leadership to Quality/Technical staff within the functional organization.
- Provide progressive leadership working with our customer base, sales staff, and operational counterparts.
- Provide leadership in the continuous improvement of all quality related metrics at the facility.
- Provide leadership in meeting all customer requirements.
- Provide leadership in proper customer interactions and communications to the local organization.
- Lead the improvement process and development of capacity planning and defining measurement systems for the facility.
- Lead staff development through managed performance.
- Work closely together with all other disciplines in the organization like the global vendor quality teams, procurement team, etc.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and management of local Quality initiatives, programs, and procedures to support company business areas. This includes the applied use of Statistics and Process Capability.
- Interface with our customer base, in conjunction with the Sales staff, to determine their needs and priorities with respect to both overall performance as well as Quality systems.
- Actively participate in and develop local Quality systems by the formation of functional teams utilizing the resources of the global Quality organization.
- Prepare written and oral presentations as needed for customers and senior management.
- Support the standardization of all Quality Control procedures within the facility in order to show continuous improvement in all quality related metrics.
- Responsible for the timely communications with senior management of any critical issues.
- Responsible for the preparation of, and adherence to, operating budgets of the department.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Responsible to understand the safety requirements of the job and always follow these requirements;
- Responsible for continually auditing the work environment for hazards which could lead to an injury or incident, and promptly initiate corrective action.
- Coordination and implementation of corporate quality strategy, ensuring global consistency
- Direction and support for the successful completion of Continuous Improvement projects in support of operations/quality goals and objectives.
- Improvement of strong relationships with internal and external parties (European management, Global Regulatory Affairs, QA/QC, Customer Services, Customers and Regulatory bodies), in order to gain customer intimacy and managing their expectations.
Supervisor/Manager Title: Plant Manager/ Regional Quality Director
% Travel Required: Up to 25%
BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or Product/Food Technology.
- Seven to ten (7 – 10) years experience as a QC/QA manager in the fragrance/flavor/aroma chemical or allied industry. Must be proficient in the use of computer systems as well as having a thorough knowledge of Statistics and Process Control (SPC).
- Ability to communicate in English language.
- Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Experience in the fragrance or flavor industry or related experience.