Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology is seeking for a Research Scientist (full-time) in the area of Materials Science.
The selected candidate will join the international Skoltech – MIT team on a project for development of all-solid-state lithium-ion batteries.
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is an interdisciplinary center for research, education and innovation at Skoltech that focuses on study and development of devices and systems that can dramatically advance portable electronics, electric vehicle transportation and grid energy storage sectors.
- Design and synthesis of inorganic electrode materials for Li-ion batteries;
- Design and synthesis of electrolyte and positive electrode materials for all-solid-state Li-ion batteries;
- Investigation of the materials by various instrumental analyses including X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy, thermogravimetry, electrochemical methods etc.;
- Assembling of the electrochemical cells with the electrode materials synthesized and their characterization;
- Preparation of reports and publications based on the obtained results, prepare materials for educational and popular science presentations;
- Writing of grants and projects on batteries, creating, editing and translating texts for industrial projects;
- Preparation of the educational materials, lectures and presentations;
- Tutoring Skoltech MSc and PhD students.
1. Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Solid State Physics or other related fields is highly mandatory. Ms. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Solid State Physics or other related fields.
2. At least 3 years, in the field of scanning transmission electron microscopy including
- conventional TEM and STEM imaging;
- EDX and EELS analysis;
- electron diffraction;
- electron tomography and etc.
3. Theoretical and practical knowledge in techniques of materials investigation using scanning transmission electron microscopy.
4. High level of English.
- A challenging job in an international, dynamic and professional environment;
- Synergy between science, innovations, and technology;
- Substantial internationally competitive salary, commensurate with experience, qualifications and previous publication record;
- A medical insurance.