Elsevier, a global leader in information and analytics, helps researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Growing from our roots in publishing, we have supported the work of our research and health partners for more than 140 years.
Elsevier offers knowledge and valuable analytics that helps to enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, and deliver better care.
We are looking for Government Account Manager Russian Federation (Academic & Government).
You are born with the natural ability to sell and eager to contribute to our Global Sales division! Within our Global Sales division we are currently looking to recruit a Government Account Manager who is responsible for planning and managing the overall account, and drives, the total Elsevier business with the account.
Focus of the position
- The Government Account Manager is the main strategic account planner – ensuring other sales roles and Elsevier stakeholders are aligned with the overall account strategic plan and account engagement plan. He is responsible for our strategy in Russia at Government level and for planning and selling into individual Academic accounts.
- The Government Account Manager encourages, facilitates and leverage the other sales roles in order to optimize Elsevier‘s business at the account – working with Sales Solution Managers to drive new sales of specific solutions, and working with Customer Consultants to ensure customers get the most value out of our solutions so as to secure renewals and future growth.
- The Government Account Manager is able to interact and drive excellent customer relationships and deliver value to customers at all levels: Senior Government level, Rectors, Vice-Rectors, Directors of Research departments, Librarians and researchers.
The product portfolio
You will be selling our core products to Academies, Governmental institutions.
More info about some of the products can be found via:
You will become part a team of enthusiastic sales professionals responsible for academic and governmental sales in Russian Federation. This position needs to be based in Moscow. You will report to the Regional Account Director Eastern Europe & Russian Federation
- Achieve overall revenue targets for a portfolio of scientific databases and solutions including journals and eBooks.
- Elucidate client needs in a consultative approach and translate into realistic propositions and packages in support of the company sales strategy.
- Formulate focused strategies tailored towards the market; align sales approach to meet market needs in accordance with company policies; devise and implement account strategies to address differentiated needs at all levels of accounts.
- Work with the Sales Solution Managers (research management, engineering, life science, eBooks) to ensure that mutual targets/objectives are achieved.
- Review monthly reports documenting sales results and forecasts for the remainder of year and adjust actions accordingly.
- Contribute to the development of the company sales strategy.
- Work closely with regional and federal government agencies to develop projects for scientific databases and solutions.
- Gather, monitor and evaluate competitive information and impact on sales and product development activities
- Participation in trade shows and conferences.
- Develop sustainable relationships with all relevant decision makers and influencers at the customers and outside contacts necessary to engage the customer to cross sell and up sell Elsevier electronic products.
- Provide market feedback to enhance product development for a more customer-focused product.
- Provide customer support and after sales follow-up.
- Integrate and process information derived from current projects, customers, market awareness and technical knowledge.
- This job requires frequent travelling to diverse locations within your respective territory.
What you should bring
- University Master’s Degree
- Able to operate on an operational, tactical and strategic level.
- Proven track record selling technology and solutions (5-10 years experience)
- Work experience in a multinational company desired
- English proficiency required.
- Self-starter attitude, excellent self-management skills effectively organizing travel priorities, manages different priorities from various stakeholders.
- Love building relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders (e.g. senior levels)
- Experience in adapt at building out (expanding) business with a customer
- Experienced in strategic account planning; can connect the dots within customer’s institutions
- Experienced in working in an international matrixes organization
- A passion for sales
What we offer
- We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Elsevier’s benefits are very competitive
- Variable compensation driven by total revenue performance vs targets for the year
- Bonus plan subject to the company annual results
- Sales Academy offering as per your defined Learning Path
- Franklin Covey account and opportunity planning training
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development
- An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. Please be aware that we request references and a copy of your diploma in the offer stage