VTB Group’s Corporate Investment Business is a leader in the international investment banking sector in Russia. VTB Capital has achieved significant results since it was founded in 2008 and has carved out a reputation of a reliable business partner for clients from around the world. VTB Capital operates in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Zug, Frankfurt am Main, Sofia and Vienna, with headquarters in Moscow.
This is a role for a lawyer with at least 5 years of working experience in a well-known international law firm and at least 10 years of general experience gained across the key legal disciplines to provide legal support of the Global Banking transactions.
The job holder will need to (i) be effective at the micro and macro level and be an excellent ambassador for the legal department when dealing with the colleagues from other VTB Capital’ departments, (ii) demonstrate interest in the big picture beyond the projects and tasks assigned, and (iii) be ready to start thinking about the bigger questions involved in running a project.
- Providing full legal support and coordination in structured privatization and quasi-privatization transactions with limited external legal support where VTB Capital is acting in the capacity of the Organiser of tender process;
- Representing the interests of VTB Capital and assisting in development of appropriate relationships for the legal department with relevant Russian government agencies, state and local authorities representatives as well as the private sector as necessary;
- Contributing to the development of current legislation that affect the Global Banking business;
- Assisting in determining the legal direction and legal strategy of the Global Banking business;
- Providing close transactional support for the Global Banking business on various transactions including new products;
- Proactively identifying legal issues at the earliest opportunity and developing and implementing strategies to address them;
- Providing significant support in the development and implementation of legal compliance policies and procedures;
- Working closely with the Head of Legal and Global Head of Legal in enabling ongoing standard improvements on contracts, approval processes etc. while offering the relevant departments training on the same;
- Assisting in the selecting, evaluating, training and direction of subordinate staff as well ability to oversee activities of the junior colleagues;
- Advising head of departments across the Global Banking business on applicable laws and the interpretation of legal documents in a manner that avails a practical legal approach while properly managing the risks to the Global Banking business.
- Drafting reviewing, negotiating and interpreting various contracts and developing and documenting standard terms and conditions for the Global Banking clients;
- Conducting researches on various matters including regulatory;
- Providing substantive and procedural advice within the assigned area and responding to requests for information from Global Banking business;
- Identifying legal issues and offering the Global Banking business and their clients optimum solutions;
- Keeping the legal department and Global Banking business informed on new laws, regulations, and industry trends that affect the Global Banking business;
- Participating in working groups, discussions and drafting sessions (including with regulatory authorities, the stock exchange, leading industry players) in connection with proposed amendments to current legislation that affect the Global Banking business.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Higher legal education
- Practical experience in ECM/ M&A, privatization transactions, corporate law issues, regulatory and banking&finance (both in general) within a well-known international law firm
- Fluent English
- Official employment
- Competitive salary
- Professional training and development
- Voluntary medical insurance for employee and their family members, life and health insurance, banking products on attractive terms
- Sport and corporate events
- Ability to build your career in the leading Russian investment bank