Senior Legal Counsel
з/п не указана
users have already
Semrush is a leading digital marketing toolkit for SEO, PPC, and content marketing professionals worldwide. Over 7 million digital marketers have chosen Semrush to speed up and facilitate daily online marketing activities, and easily monitor the website’s performance.
With over 45 tools within the software, search data for 140 countries and seamless integration with Google services, Semrush provides solutions for in-house marketing teams and agencies working with clients in any industry.
In its niche and pricing segment, Semrush is an absolute leader in the number of tools available per one account and the richness of data. By ensuring the easy workflow between the marketing teams members, Semrush helps them become front-runners in their industries.
To keep up with our rapid growth in the new markets, Semrush is seeking a highly qualified lawyer with broad experience negotiating commercial software contracts to join its legal team in Saint Petersburg. The position will gain exposure to a wide-ranging set of subject matter areas, including commercial software contracts and vendor contract negotiations, public company compliance, real estate leases, M&A, intellectual property management, dispute resolution, and corporate financing transactions (capital and operational leasing).
We envision the successful candidate as someone who considers themselves or aspires to be an “in-house generalist”, but who already has significant experience drafting and negotiating contracts for delivering SaaS solutions to a global client base as well as for the acquisition of third-party software tools and inputs. The successful candidate must have the ability to manage projects and negotiations with attention to detail, a desire to meet high standards for work product, be able to collaborate effectively with a demanding internal client base and be able to operate with limited supervision. The successful candidate is also expected to offer strategic solutions for long-term legal problems within their areas of responsibility.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join a dynamic team!
- Primary legal partner to the Semrush Product teams providing support on a variety of matters, including intellectual property, third party and open source software and data acquisition.
- May support other teams based on interest and need.
- Draft and negotiate a range of complex commercial contracts including SaaS, license, vendor and strategic partnerships.
- Manage contract forms, including periodic review and change processes.
- Resolve legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed efficiently.
- Assist in legal support of corporate transactions (M&A, corporate financing, public offerings) as needed.
- Develop and deliver trainings for employees and executives on a variety of subjects within counsel's areas of responsibility, including IP, competition, the use of contract templates, risk management and good contracting practices.
- Assist with legal support of efforts to expand business operations internationally.
- Provide business partners with thoughtful legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
What we expect from you:
- 5-8 years’ experience as an attorney with a mix of significant law firm and in-house experience focusing on general corporate work (not litigation), and with a minimum of two years' experience working as an in-house attorney at a technology company negotiating commercial contracts.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), Upper Intermediate at the least.
- Preference for in-house public company experience.
- Preference for experience in drafting and negotiating SaaS software contracts.
- Experience with data acquisition, IP and emerging technology issues facing SaaS software companies.
- Exercises meticulous attention to detail and an organized approach to quickly identify a problem to be solved, and then solve it.
- Ability to be creative and flexible but with a focus on business-oriented outcomes.
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options about complex legal issues.
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, lead strategically and advance innovative solutions.
- Tactful with strong external negotiation skills.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed and excel in matters specific to the marketing technology industry.
- Career in rapidly growing IT.
- Official employment according to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation.
- Flexible working day starts (between 9.00 and 12.00 am) with 5 working days (Monday-Friday).
- Relocation to Saint-Petersburg.
- Comfortable and cozy office near Moskovskiye Vorota subway station.
- Friendly employees.
- Corporate education (training, seminars, conferences).
- Fitness compensation.
- Medical insurance.
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.