ClearScale (headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA) - AWS Premier Consulting Partner has been offering a full range of professional cloud computing services for over 10 years, including architecture design, DevOps automation, refactoring and cloud-native applications development, integration, migration, solving all sorts of security issues (from just a security check to preventing cyber-attacks) and 24/7 technical support using the best advanced technologies.
The list of our customers is diverse: from government companies (ClearScale is an official cloud partner of the State of California) and educational institutions (University of California, San Francisco) to well-known global brands (IBM, Samsung, GoPro, HP, Conde Nast, Carl Zeiss, etc.) The number of satisfied customers has been well over 850, some of which can be found on the company's website in the Case Studies section.
- We were the third company to have gained a new AWS competence: Applied AI and Machine Learning Operations (MLOps). Less than 15 partners have this competency!
- We have confirmed status in the Database Freedom program (total less than 20 companies in)
- Proven expertise as a Managed Services Provider (total less than 16 companies in). This means that ClearScale can perform a full cycle consultancy and service: from audits, system or software development to the 24/7. You can read more about us on the company page - Managed Services.
Since the very foundation, we work 100% remotely from various cities and countries. We work on a high trust basis within the company, therefore we do not monitor work being done via tracking screen captures, webcams or keyboard typing, as many other companies do. The professional reputation of our employees is of the highest value.
Due to the growing needs in the company, we are looking for an Engineering Team Leader who likes to find solutions to complex problems.
In this role, you will be on a dedicated software development team, helping us build innovative proprietary software products. This is a tight-knit team with top-performers that are constantly innovating and expanding the capabilities of our software while maintaining process and writing clean code.
- Participate in pre-sale activities and help CTO create and estimate proposals
- Lead projects, taking ownership of task assignments and deliverables (support risk assessment, cost and timing, dependence and impact on other solutions / projects)
- Design, build and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services and underlying software infrastructure
- Understand the domain, business requirements and resulting technical challenges – you should have an expert level in technologies used for implementation (see “Required skills and experience”) and quickly become the team's resource in the problem domain and business cases
- Play an active role during the project requirements gathering, design and implementation, building out application components and unit/acceptance tests alongside your team
- Update and create the technical documentation (e.g. diagrams, architecture design and handover instructions and documents)
- Get to know your team: strengths, weaknesses, ambitions and personalities, making sure they understand the big picture and how important their work is to the team’s overall success
- Act as a communication proxy for your team and transfer the important information to the appropriate people (team, CEO/CTO, Director of Development, PMs, clients)
- Be a leading participant in planning activities, internal and customer-facing design sessions, empowering team members and ensuring architectural integrity/consistency across subsystems
- Know the status of your team’s work, communicating schedule slip immediately to management and keeping track of technical debt, manage the team’s backlog, the daily activities, project status, provide QBO (tracking systems) time tracking audit on the hours in their projects at the end of each billing cycle.
- Manage a regular team code review process and ensure compliance with company policy, procedures, and standards.
- Escalate technical project issues and concerns to Project Manager and Director of Development.
This position will report to CEO/CTO, Director of Development and PMs.
- At least 8 years of custom software application development experience;
- 5+ years of using Java OR Big Data tech stack with 2+ years as people manager, team lead or technical delivery manager
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS development stack and development lifecycle tooling (Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, Code Deploy etc). Alternative cloud platform (Azure or GCP) would be an advantage
- Preference towards the candidates who have hands-on experience or solid theoretical background in Big Data, AI, ML or Java domains
- Strong English skills: ability to carry on verbal discussion on technical matters (requirements, design negotiation, issue resolution)
- Experience developing enterprise-scale serverless applications
- Strong leadership skills and mentoring skills
- Planning, designing, implementing and supporting technology applications
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Multitasking and prioritizing while ensuring deadlines are met with attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically about business needs, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Familiar with different teamwork approaches and methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall), understand their applicability areas and shortcomings, and have an ability to apply appropriate practices to real projects
# 1 Fair wage
- High hourly rate in USD
- Full-time, 40 hours per week contract. It’s your main and permanent place of work, not a freelance job
- Payments every 2 weeks
- Annual Rate Review: received client's appreciation, obtained an AWS certificate, saved the world?The reward is based on facts, not on a personal attitude
- Reference program: many engineers joined the team by the recommendation from their friends and former colleagues and we have a reward for this.
# 2 Independence
- from the office location or office conditions. The only requirement - fast and reliable internet. At the same time, our engineers do not work evenings or weekends: we're focused at your local timezone
- from any annoyance or big team buzz - we are the community of professional engineers, valuing each others' time and effort
- from corruption and bureaucracy - we operate in an honest and competitive environment and we are one of the AWS's top 10 key partners.
# 3 Professional Development
- Work with innovative Silicon Valley companies and traditional American companies at the cutting edge of digital transformation
- We work with the newest technologies in AWS cloud and open-source tools like Jira, Confluence, Lucidchart, Slack etc
- Constant practice in written and spoken English
- The team willing to share its experience
- Paid AWS certifications: we provide training material, paid time off and examination itself
- Horizontal and vertical career growth - We keep growing and people keep growing with us
- A nice bonus if you accept our offer early