At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an engineer with experience and passion to development of complex embedded software for modern microprocessors. This position reports to the open source software team in Synopsys's Saint-Petersburg office. Open source software team is responsible for adding and maintaining support of ARC cores in a variety of open source projects including Linux kernel, Zephyr Project (RTOS), FreeRTOS, U-Boot bootloader, various build systems, GNU toolchain and more.
In this position you will be responsible for improving support of ARC cores in major open source projects listed above including maintenance of existing code-base, development and verification of new features (both to support new ARC hardware as well as generic architecture-independent functionality).
- Enhance the Linux kernel & Zephyr RTOS to support new features for ARC architecture
- Add support for ARC architecture to Linux distributions
- Track, evaluate, and integrate development from the Linux open source community ecosystem
- Evaluate system performance on a variety of hardware platforms and under various workload using standard industry benchmarks
- Provide ARC Corporate Application Engineers (CAEs) 2nd level technical support on customer reported issues as required
- Enhance the verification automation infrastructure to improve test coverage of Linux for configurable ARC Processors
Full-time employee, required experience: 5+ years
- Thorough understanding of modern CPU architectural features (pipelines, memory hierarchy, data buses, etc)
- Strong programming skills in C, assembly and scripting languages (Bash & Python)
- Thorough understanding of Linux Operating System Architecture, kernel and run-time environment
- Experience with Linux Kernel programming and/or development of Linux user space applications and device drivers.
- Domain knowledge in at least two of the following: IP networking, SMP, process management, virtual memory, I/O subsystem, security, performance analysis, file systems, resource management, run-time libraries, compiler optimization, release package management
- Experience with GIT SCM tools
- BSCS degree or equivalent, MSCS preferred
- Experience with ASIC and FPGA based run-time environments
- Hands-on experience with RTOS(es) like Zephyr RTOS, Thread-X, FreeRTOS
- Project Management and Release Tracking experience
- Track record of contribution to open source projects
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Interesting work in international team
- Salary is based on experience, professional background, interview/test results
- Social package (bonus program, major medical insurance for employee and family members, corporate events)
- Flexible work schedule
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Access to internal learning resources
- English courses.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.