Your responsibilities will include design, development, maintenance, and dev testing of backends that work within a larger product suite. You will be involved in multiple applications belonging to Genesys Engage Core organization. Examples are SIP switch, WebRTC Gateway, Statistics Server. All components represented on-premise and in Cloud (AWS, Azure). The main development tools are C++ and NodeJS. There might be some Python code as well. We use AWS, JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins and GitHub events for CI. We believe in code reviews and unit, functional, regression and performance testing. We have a dedicated QA team helping developers test code.
What you should bring to the table:
To be successful, you need to have a strong understanding of C++ and/or NodeJS backends and REST API solutions, be a strong problem solver and self-driven person. The software is quite complex so detail-orientation is required. We are currently working from home due to pandemic and there are always multiple tasks in progress so being well organized.
Some details about what you will do:
- Working in a team on a project(s) that has other developer(s) and QA engineer(s) so there is always someone to do code review, someone to discuss, someone to test
- Work with QA engineer(s) to ensure changes are properly tested
- Fix/develop customer-reported and/or PM set issues/enhancements/features on your own
- Review code from other engineers
- Write Unit (and sometimes integration, etc.) test for code that you've developed
- Answer questions from other team members and Professional Services and/or Customer Care
- Help investigate and then fix real-life customer related issues in Genesys Engage Cloud.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of programming experience in C++ and/or JS/NodeJS
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Readiness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience with VoIP
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes
- Experience in cloud computing technologies
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
Conditions and benefits of working in Genesys:
- Competitive salary with bonuses and regular merit increases.
- Flexible schedule.
- Medical insurance for you and one of your relative (dental and life insurance included).
- 31 days of vacation per year.
- 100% paid sick leave policy.
- English classes online.
- Team of professionals and a warm friendly atmosphere.