Who we are:
Our mission at Dasha is to make communication between humans and machines universally accessible and natural and eventually get to AGI (human-level intelligence). If you always wanted to build Jarvis from Iron Man - join us! As a 1st step, we help developers and companies embed realistic voice and text conversational capabilities into their apps or products. Our human-like conversational AI platform enables any developer to add smart conversational interfaces to their apps in a matter of hours. In making computers understand humans we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Dasha. Our company spent 2 years on R&D and just entered the closed Beta (so you will be directly participating in launching into public Beta), and our $3M pre-Series A from RTP (early investors in Datadog and Krisp) has given us the opportunity to focus on the developer community. We have a huge market (every company in the world - because every company talks with its customers) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of conversational AI yet, but once you’ve used it, it becomes another tool in your developer tool belt and it's one of the most demanded skill of the future). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Dasha one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
If you join us, you’ll be an early team member in helping shape:
- Our company culture
- People that we hire
- The direction & focus of our products
Why this job is exciting
To achieve our mission, we’re looking for a Developer Advocate to help grow our values-driven, all-remote team. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll define and build out our developer evangelism program to support and grow Dasha’s community, connecting with developers through content, social channels, events, and contributions to the open source ecosystem. Your work will help make developers’ growth as lifelong learners easier, and directly move forward Dasha’s mission to make communication between humans and machines universally accessible and natural. We strive to make Dasha the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn about the DevRel team and goals and collect requirements from stakeholders.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the needs of the developer community.
- Develop a developer evangelism strategy, in alignment with stakeholders across Dasha.
- Present plans to the team for feedback and iteration.
- Collaborate across the organization to inform priorities and decisions.
- Catalyze and engage in community discussions, and track developer mentions of Dasha and related topics on social media channels, crafting timely and thoughtful responses.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Create and begin to report and iterate on relevant key performance indicators to effectively measure the impact of Dasha's developer evangelism initiatives.
- Identify, drive, and track speaking engagements for yourself and our team that will put Dasha in front of developers at widely attended technical conferences.
- Represent the company at in-person and virtual events, meetups, and conferences to help grow awareness and excitement for Dasha.
- Create and facilitate the creation of engaging technical content that assists developers in their daily work and adoption of Dasha, such as contributed articles, blog posts, demos, and videos.
- Empower the Developer Evangelism team to define and hit their quarterly OKRs.
Within 6 month, you will:
- Hire, mentor, and guide developer evangelists as the team grows.
- Create, test, and scale programs (including "shelf strategy"), partnerships, and resources to support the developer community.
- Dream up and participate in great community events that drive awareness and adoption of Dasha.
- Grow our Champions program to increase the amount of Dasha advocates within the developer community.
Within 1 year, you will:
- Scale the developer evangelism team and programs.
- Help build an inclusive, engaged community of developers.
- Increase the number of developers who regularly mention, give talks, write content, and organize/attend virtual events related to Dasha.
- Increase the number of active Dasha developer accounts.
You are a developer who can write code and ship stuff. You like to support and educate developers and would like to be a leader in the space. You are committed not only to other professional developers, but also to new developers, student developers, citizen developers and the next generation of technologists. You would feel comfortable working with a small and growing team of colleagues to solve developers’ problems.
- 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer. You can write the code and ship the software.
- Excellent spoken English. You can speak English fluently.
- Experience navigating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Experience giving talks and creating blog posts, demos, workshops, webinars, videos, and other technical content.
- You are people-first and data-driven in your approach to building nurturing communities.
Nice to haves:
- 3-5 years of experience running a developer relations program, preferably in API-first products.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of developer evangelists/advocates.
- Experience working closely with marketing teams.
- A passion for open source.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Dasha is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities. We provide competitive compensation (including stock options) and practical benefits to keep you happy so that you can do your best work.