Bookedby, creators of Salon Ultimate, is the industry’s most advanced cloud software and point-of-sale solution, reimagining the way appointment-based businesses operate and engage with customers. Our platform allows businesses to easily manage all of their booking, promotions, inventory management, and sale processing needs from a single device.
From single-location salons & spas to large chains with thousands of locations, we service over 2500 clients. Founded in 2011, Bookedby continues to support businesses that value efficiency and customer satisfaction as the ultimate measures of success.
We’re looking for an experienced devops engineer to support our Kubernetes clusters and related staging/production infrastructure. We aim to continue to improve the stability and robustness of our systems. We will look for your to help scale our monitoring and alerting, load balancing, and ease of deployment. We value such concepts as infrastructure as a code, 12-factor apps, CI/CD, agile, DoD/QoS/SLA. Ideal candidate has experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Kops and AWS, and programming skills. The ultimate goal is to make our deployments state of the art, cost-effective, fault-tolerant, covered with monitors, and easily maintainable.
- Improving clusters (updating, scaling, monitoring) and resolving issues with AWS resources and services related to the clusters;
- Developing and improving release management tools (ACLs, configuring, versioning, rolling back and gradually rolling out of various SW products which we support), as well as binding them with other related tools;
- Developing and improving monitoring and alerting systems, searching for the best options in the industry and integrating with them;
- Dockerizing and k8 sizing various SW products;
- Reviewing and phasing out obsolete custom-made deployment tools;
- Developing dashboards and helper tools to speed up Customer Support personnel reaction to the most common problems;
- Developing autocorrection tools so that most common requests are handled in unmanned manner;
- Facilitating developers and support people to write runbooks and other support documents;
- Reviewing our existing architecture and provide ideas for improvement;
- Working with other teams, making sure that the tasks are done and are of the best quality.
- 3+ years Docker experience;
- 3+ years of experience working with microservices;
- 3+ years of working with CI/CD, e.g. Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.;
- 2+ years of AWS experience with EC2, Route53, RDS, ELB/ALB, IAM;
- Extensive experience working with Kubernetes dashboard, Kube-ops-view, Grafana, Prometheus, Kubectl, Kubernetes YAML-based resources, and helm;
- Shell usage and programming on scripting languages on expert level: bash, jq, sed, awk, and at least one of the following: Ruby, Perl, Python;
- Experience working with monitoring systems, alarms, metrics dashboards;
- Experience solving issues in production.