The client provides production solutions that include wearable devices and Cloud backend services. The product is designed to monitor the work environment to increase workplace safety. Devices send data to a server for real-time analysis. Alerts may help to prevent dangerous situations in the workplace.
This is the first generation of the solution and now it has to cope with some architectural issues to increase scalability, reliability and performance. At the moment our architects are working on analyzing it and preparing a plan for the implementation of the new version. The next phase is to build a new version.
Within the project, you will:
• work with cloud service providers (mostly AWS but also Azure, GC and dedicated servers as well);
• work in a high load environment with a large amount of data and Scrum methodology;
• work on a long-term project.
The team will consist of 8-11 specialists, the team size is to be clarified after the solution design phase.
Technology stack and infrastructure: Java, Kotlin, Angular.io, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of web application development experience using the Java platform
- Experience working with databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Knowledge of OOP, OOD, and design patterns
- Experience with test-driven development process (TDD)
- Experience using object-relational mapping (ORM) technologies and IoC containers
- Experience working with build automation tools (Maven or Gradle)
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools (TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Good spoken English
WOULD BE A PLUS
- Experience creating rich UI based on HTML
- Experience managing application servers and clustering (Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish)
— Professional Development:
- Experienced colleagues who are ready to share knowledge;
- The ability to switch projects, technology stacks, try yourself in different roles;
- More than 150 workplaces for advanced training;
- Study and practice of English: courses and communication with colleagues and clients from different countries;
- Support of speakers who make presentations at conferences and meetings of technology communities.
— The ability to focus on your work: a lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement, and convenient corporate services;
— Additional medical insurance
— Friendly atmosphere, concern for the comfort of specialists;
— Flexible schedule and the ability to work remotely;
— The ability to work in any of our development centers.